Sunday, February 21, 2021

Sunday Coffee And A Whole Lot More

 



What a delightfully interesting day. I had no illusions about today. I don't be committed to basically staying inside all day. Partly cloudy with lots of sunshine but still very brisk and not have anywhere significant to go to here I sit. That's why I was pleased this afternoon when I got a text from Mark Anthony asking if I was around. He would like to come over and frame my newest Chagall “Circus Girl”. This is part of the set that I purchased a number of months ago and have never gotten around to getting them framed them up on a wall. Actually, I gave one print it way keeping Circus Girl for me. Marc Chagall has quite a few Circus paintings and many are of the variety I got my hands on, signed prints whatever that means. I'm not really into the collection aspect as much as into collecting what I like whether it's a poster or print. I doubt in my lifetime I shall ever have an original signed one never knows. Trouble if I had an original signed I doubt that I'll be eligible to live this facility anymore but if I can afford original signed print or original I could live anywhere I wanted.


I cooked this morning first time in really quite a while, which is somewhat embarrassing to admit, Dianne gave me some cheese a few weeks ago I can't remember quite what kind she gave me a small wedge of Gouda and and a wedge of this other. Last week she mentioned using the cheese in an omelette which motivated me this morning to do the same. I've been trying to keep the kitchen up a little bit for whatever reason I don't know I just feel better when it looks nice and Melanie my staff straightened about this weekend a little bit. But this morning I gave up the idea of the clean kitchen and tore into the omelette. The experience was grand, slicing onions, cheese green pepper,, a couple slices of cubed spam of course we got and of course mushrooms from a can but still mushrooms all the Same. The omelette turned out great's far as I was concerned. I still have half of the omelette for tomorrow. As they say you got a break and had to make an omelette you got a dirty dishes to make an omelette as well and that I did.


It was late afternoon Mark finally got here and he was all excited about grinding some coffee and uses new coffee press. Coffee's new for Mark and is just getting into the culture. So he was all excited having stopped at Sprouts and got a couple small bags of coffee beans. Mark Anthony cleared off table as I dug out the teapot filled it with water and set it to boil. It had been decades since I've used a artsy fartsy coffee Cone – – you know the kind of the French use. Was kind of fun however we were exploring this cute little coffee press Mark picked up somewhere. I had to dig out my coffee cups since I put them away preferring to use just paper cups I pick up at the coffee shop across the street. The coffee was good with flavored it with some coffee flavoring Mark picked up. Then we set to work.


Mark was methodical, is so much better at this kind of stuff than I am must be from his mother all of it. He found the perfect red paper for the print and measured and measured. He actually has these small clamp study clamps the paper down before he cuts. I would never have gone through such precision and I appreciated his commitment to the project. We finally got finished a little after 6 PM he was supposed to be home by then for dinner. He was astonished at how well his work turned out I wasn't Mark is always done very good precision type work like I said not from me that's for sure. This is the second Matt job he's done now I just need to order my next Chagall in the Circus series what a lot of fun for a Sunday afternoon…

No comments: