Sunday, February 14, 2021

Times They Are Changing

 



It's kind of nice having all this pizza. Before I went to bed last night I dug out one of the big polyethylene containers with a lid and stashed all of the extravaganza pizza and it and The (what I think is) cheese pizza which is on the other half of the original order which was eventually replaced with the real order. It's a lot of pizza need to be careful. I do this weird trick to try to fool myself by cutting each piece Of pizza right down the middle so what was the fourth of a piece is now an eighth of a piece, I think that's how it works. That way it takes me twice as long to eat one piece of the original size. I know I'm just fooling myself seems to work. So I did have pizza for breakfast kind of a piece of pizza crust for lunch but I think for dinner I'm going to cook the other T-bone steak I perched a couple weeks ago for my birthday.


Mild weather is a thing of the past. Snow and cold weather wondered in overnight. We even had howling wind and because of the temperature drops and because it's Sunday have had no desire to leave the apartment but certainly begin to feel a bit shut in. I think it's going to be cold for the next couple of days as more snow is forecast. I don't know if I will choose to stay in which you never know. I'm seriously thinking of jumping the bus number 47 westbound for The Shrimp Shack truck that will be coming into this area sometime next week. Somehow I got on the mailing list of a number of food trucks. The shrimp Shack looks interesting. I don't know if I'd like the shrimp as much is the cod on the On The Hook food truck which is really good. I suppose the food trucks have a coalition if you get on one of their lists they share with all the others in hopes of creating their marketplace. I guess I can't blame them especially if you have a good product but you know me I have undergraduate against food trucks because of their innate and accessibility to people in wheelchairs. I know I sound crotchety but it's a fact. I have to accept however that this is where life is headed especially in the after times. Food trucks may be the reality of eating out along with putting your chair out in the hallway so the pizza guy doesn't have to make any contact with you at all.I have to admit I really do kind of miss in restaurant dining. I hope there'll be some form of this tradition if we ever get over this contagion. I'm sure it's got to be different perhaps a higher price for the luxury of dining out and dining in and people will most likely pay it as well. Perhaps, the smaller mom-and-pop's will still have some sort of affordable in-house dining but will have to see.Because “you better start swimming are you sink like a stone, the times they are change in…” – – Bob Dylan

No comments: