Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Tuesday Night surprise




 


I'm always amazed at how differently some days turn out than what I'd expected. Last night my neighbor across the hall Billie knocked on my door (I think she actually texted me but I did not hear the text I don't check texts and messages as much as I should) and asked if I wanted to go to breakfast this morning. Billie suggested that we go at about 7 AM for a number of reasons I just primary being is hardly anybody else in the restaurant at that time so it be the safest as far as Covid goes. I like it early just because the gets the breakfast all the way in me and my day. However, I think I worried about not waking up in time all night long as I slipped dastardly. I made the date though had a great breakfast in conversation with my neighbor. I pretty much was unproductive the rest of the day with the exception of getting one of my granddaughters letters out in the mail so that wasn't a complete loss. Otherwise I was pretty much a zombie. I have zombie days off and on but I get through


Later in the afternoon I was intrigued when I got a text from Mark Anthony indicating that he would be over tonight to frame one of the Chagall's I purchased a couple months ago. I of course was delighted though somewhat taken aback. I figured go for it I don't know when I get another chance. I mean Mark Anthony's idea was to do the whole 9 yards of purchasing matting material and equipment to actually cut the mat to frame the image the proper way. I would never taken that much focus on such a project. I don't do well on that kind of stuff. Sure enough however Mark Anthony showed up around 6 PM we went to work. I use the collective pronoun but we all know that Mark did all the work. It was fun however plain like we were working together. I just sat and watched gave moral support and encouraged him on. It was a good strong two hours of work of visiting and worrying but coming out with a and product that he was definitely proud of and me as well. Mark Anthony was most intrigued and excited about learning a new skill, matting and having the tools and the know-how to actually mat an image. I have to say I'm impressed. I was going to try to write one of my daughters a letter today but because of the sleep factor I just did not feel up to the task. Having said that I did feel that I was going to try to put the letter together this evening but then the art project intervened and perhaps that's best I need to take advantage of any bonding time I can get with my kids when I can get that time. Everything is so fragile these days it's feels like I think the listeners make every second count the love every second that you're counting…

No comments: