Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Heroes


I have a confession, I think I'm addic
ted. I don't know if there's a support group for my addiction but there should be if there isn't. I've noticed the addiction more and more this last year. So far I've kept the addiction under control and I think I'm in a good place all things being equal but still it's a monkey on my back.


For the longest time after I moved here to the apartment complex I had just basic cable because my unit came with that and I was happy. I knew my weakness that was the electronic screen. However, little by little I began to weaken and then one day – – Oh, I remember I was intrigued by the commercials for the new show on CBS All access,the show about the new Star Trek addition I think, Discovery. Discovery Was my gateway drug. For just a few bucks a month ago and all kinds of access. Then I caved in big time and went to Disney +. It was here that I was able to access many of the Marvel offerings that I totally loved and craved. There is the X-Men, Avengers as well as the Star Wars universe. Pretty soon I was watching a different movie for the Marvel universe every night. There were some of the offerings I would even watch weekly. I never got tired of them and I still don't. I really enjoy Guardians Of The Galaxy Volumes 1 and two and I watch them probably once a week. I'd watch the more but I won't let myself do that and I'm totally excited with the idea that the third movie in the series is coming out soon.


I don't know what it is and it's mainly just the offerings that are science fiction. I don't spend time on the history Channel, medical channel, cooking channel etc. etc. these just are interesting at times and everyone stuck while I may dabble but never with the frequency that I do with Disney +. Maybe it's because it shows the universe, not far to in the future, where humanity has gotten a little further down the line have survived the chaos that we seem to be involved in right now. Even though I know a lot of these movies are fairly formulated based on the American Western movie Cowboys versus the bad guys whatever form or shape they might take. I like the shows That deal with quantum physics, Time travel in all kinds of things which are basically impossible but for the film think about. Maybe I like the science fiction/space movies because of the galactic sizes they tend to operate in. I get to be just a little bitty spec compared to the universe they battle in and win – I guess these movies give me hope that's what I need many times. These are rough times I'm living in – – that we all are living in an right now sometimes we just want a little bit of hope and know that regard get through the next week and have a hero to depend on even if it's fiction – – science fiction…


No comments: