Saturday, February 27, 2021

Five Minute Moment


I have the best ideas it seems like as I sometimes wake in the morning. The idea seems so grand and perfect and easily achieved that is until I start more fully waking and usually by the time I'm ready to get up the idea which I thought was so grand as all but vanished from my recollection, like a dream. Like this morning I had the best idea. I was even developing different concepts on the theme. I should've rolled over and started dictating to my cell phone which I keep next to my bed but I didn't think you know I can remember if I just focused on one particular item. The item that I repeated over and over in my mind was the Five Minute Moment it would be a condensed interview over video by cell phone or computer whatever the person would give a five minute rundown over a particular historical moment arrived in their life. For example I kept thinking of the house I first lived in on Latah Street in Boise. It was a green shade house – – I was always told that if I ever got lost to tell people I lived in the green shaded house – – I didn't know what that meant but I had it down almost as a mantra “I live in the green shaded house on Latah”. I wanted to do a five-minute moment on the green shaded house. One to take this idea and visit with all my brothers and sisters who lived in that house and what was their experience and what did they most like our dislike about the house. I really think the challenge would be to keep their answers down the five minutes maybe it doesn't have to be five minutes maybe the five-minute things just the way to start the process. My mind just seems to explode when I get these ideas as I lay there in bed wishing that I could hold onto them are implement them.


There's nothing to stop me from calling my older family (we all lived in the green shade house) and I'm sure they would be more than happy to give me this information. Sadly however the more I lay there in bed and ponder my idea the excitement seems to fade and like all my other dreams tends to dissipate as my consciousness takes over. Such a great idea. I thought about cornering people I grew up with in grade school and later in junior high and doing the same thing with them. I kind of think they would think I'm a little fruity. I don't think this would go very far. It just seems like the five-minute moment could be a great way to document parts of your history.


I cooked this morning – –bacon and eggs and even hashbrowns turned out pretty good I was surprised but I kind of exploded my kitchen. I cannot believe how much stuff I dropped on the floor but it was fun and well worth the experience. I'm going to cook again tomorrow I'm seriously thinking of doing omelette I should know better but sometimes you feel like you got a crack a few eggs…

No comments: