Friday, February 26, 2021

Friday Night Lite


I'm ashamed of myself have not done anything positive all day. I haven't even pumped my bike yet which I plan to do before I go to bed maybe just for 30 minutes (I've already logged sufficient minutes for the week but it's more like I want to make sure I'm tired enough to sleep through the night). I thought I slept better last night and I felt a bit groggy all day. So of no particular reason to have to go out anywhere I'm staying in and doing puzzles word puzzles, cryptograms. This is probably not the most efficient use of my time but it's as good as I'm going to get today. After all, I could've spent the day watching Stephen King's The Stand .I can't remember if I've seen this version are not. I read the book years ago and I think the initial motion picture was filmed here in Salt Lake released a portion of it was. I think they used my friend Kim's neighborhood. However, that was a long time ago.


My neighbor across the hall, Billie got some bad news earlier in the week. She's got have to go in for a hip replacement which is certainly weighing heavy on her mind which is getting around all right for the time being. Her surgery is not scheduled for a month still however that goes for time to worry. She'll be doing the surgery at the University medical Center and I think shall have a pretty good go of it. I have to worry just because surgery for anyone her age is risky. I think overall she's pretty strong and possibly should do well. She's got a good support network in the community of her kids in particular granddaughter but tends to look after her very closely. I certainly will be around for what that's worth. You got a be careful making friends at this point in time in one's life. Hard enough to lose a dog let alone a friend. Kind of weird look at everybody sideways like when you're playing poker hold your cards up but you look both ways on either side of you as well as across the table just to see what hands there holding for the not showing. Somehow I feel when I communicate with my friends these days is going to go first? Going to have to be someone. Already, high school friends are beginning to drop off. In the old days you would never know but now the social media: Facebook, twitter, and Instagram you have a false knowledge of knowing where everybody's at and what everyone is doing and when everyone's dying. I guess, getting used to family and friends dying before you is common and natural to the lifecycle if you're one of the lucky ones have extended life. Boy, that almost sounds like science fiction. Dianne has shared with me she is found a local burial company that plants you in a/ with a cardboard box and a quick disintegration process that I guess really gets the job done with no chemicals or damage to the earth are the environment. Decent Prices well under $2000! Guess I better get busy make some decisions who knows when you're just going to wake up dead

No comments: