Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Cannella's



I believe I've gone on quite a bit lately about how glad I am that were meeting in person at Assist, Inc. I love to have an excuse to saddle up head downtown. I'd hate to be so tried as to characterize myself as a downtown kind of guy but maybe I am. Things are different downtown right now because the Covid. I was surprised that how many the businesses in that little section where the Assist office is at. There is a great little restaurant called Cannella's. I 'm not sure but I think Cannella's was owned by the same folks which owned a bar called Juniors – – which is been relocated to another part of the city – – there still is a little pastry shop next to the Assist, office. Little place called madeleines how they stayed in business I don't know. Their bakery/cafĂ© though they don't look big enough to have anything and I did notice that they no longer have any inside seating. They do a great trade however and I love to go to the place before I go to my meetings to grab coffee and sometimes a treat.


Cannella's was a great little Italian restaurant that looked like it came straight off the set of one of the Godfather movies. The joints but on that corner for 42 years before he was killed by the pandemic. Except for the past five years there's been one big step going into the place which should prevent me from really enjoying the atmosphere. However, a few years ago the old guy put in a ramp. The place is still sort of two classy for me but David my friend who ran the weekly advisory board meetings would take me out for lunch couple times a year. The place is a lot bigger than I thought plus it had a basement bar that I never really went into. Place was cozy great place to hang out in the wintertime. A good place to go to dinner before or after a pro basketball game are University of Utah football game if your little guy and don't go to one of the younger bars or restaurants. But it's gone now like so many other great little establishments that will never be slinging food again or great drinks. Cannella's Was the kind of place where you were served on a table with a real tablecloth and heavy silverware. The wait staff was pretty much made up of college kids is always and always seem vibrant like I said one step above dive bars , hash joints And chain restaurants. Even though I hardly went there and going to miss the place. Nearly broke my heart when I rolled past the shuttered doors could see chairs stacked upside down on tables that were looking desperately for a clientele.


I'm not sure what the after times are going to be like. I get my shot in two weeks, my second injection, I don't know if if that second shot well allow me the freedom to wander around and start finding new places to enjoy a life that the pandemic leaves. The news is all about how quickly the vaccines are going out and whose injecting the who's not injecting The most frightening the fall possible mutations in the virus like it's actually keeping track of what's been developed and how to circumvent and grow. I hope, I just hope that will have a little time to find a friend little restaurant next to its lounge And stop infor a nice plate of Italian…

No comments: