Saturday, September 25, 2021

90 Days And Counting



Can you believe it three months from now, three much from this very day it will be Christmas! Deck the Halls with shotgun Charlie Fa Lala Lala Lala law! People just hate it when I do that, remind them that it's just 90 days till Christmas. Granted, I tend to do that every 25th of the month when I was working I think I warm down eventually. The probably hated Christmas for the time I transitioned out of my worklife stealth kind exciting don't you think. Christmas time, shortest day of the year (daylight that is) Christmas lunches and Christmas parties – – maybe he'll come back now that everybody's getting their vaccinations in the boosters – – on if I can say all you want for Christmas is my booster shot. That's actually got some rhythm could be a pawn could be a song or possibly both. But you'd never know it from today. 85° not a cloudless sky what a great fall afternoon. I celebrated the autumn afternoon by jumping the bus and going into Costco. I really do have a love-hate relationship with this store. Everything was perfect a bus driver gave me a courtesy stop right across the way from IHC hospitals which is between me and the Costco. And for the first time I actually had my membership card pretty well exposed so when I got there the checker didn't have to give me the evil eye and asking for my card. Like I would even try to bust into Costco. Nothing they have would make me want to risk that silly phenomenon. I pretty much knew what I wanted but still just got a roll up and down the aisles and see what they offer it's amazing. I really wanted to buy some flank steak. And I could do it after all got space of my credit card. I could buy that $40 plus package of meat I just could not bring myself to purchase it. I think it be fun to unroll the flank chop it up in the figure stakes. I might do it come the first of next month as my October treat. I mean it looks like three flank stage rolled up together in this package so theoretically I could process one of the roll ups and then freeze the other two for other cooking days. Linda Bell 40 bucks seems like a lot I guess when you break it down to three stakes and I do make a stick last for a whole week. It's not such a bad deal. And I could do it I just find it hard to spend… I know I have issues. Having said that I did purchase a bunch of grapes that looked pretty good, a roast beef package which is really too small roasts individually wrapped and packaged in the roast itself is thinly sliced for anything from Asian food to roast beef sandwiches to just expensive snacking. I've had this treat before. It's really worth the money it's all cooked ready to go it's nice to have his backup but I still am more in love with cooking my own beef and enjoying it my way. That was really all that I did today. I spent all afternoon shopping actually. Another perfect bus ride and started a new Robert Ludlum novel. I may have set up too long on my butt but I will need to be responsible and do some reclining tonight into better wash dishes it's a tossup…

No comments: