Sunday, September 26, 2021

Ninja Duck Overlords

 Today was another zoom day, following breakfast of course, Mark Anthony takes the daughter home following breakfast and comes back with his scooter intact ready to go. I'm getting a little burned out about area and is part of the woods to explore. We've done a lot of searching a lot of exploring neighborhoods. I am surprised that law enforcement hasn't been called up the question is to folks which keeps showing up in their neighborhoods on Sunday mornings. I'm sure we look like were casing the place. Well so far no one has asked us to leave. My butt was a little tender today so I was going to try to opt for a short zoom hopefully just across the park to the canal to feed the ducks I was so pleased who had returned last week. I want to make sure that I give them a good welcome home. So I gathered up all the bread products that I've had taken around the table for the last couple weeks we had a pretty good stash of hotdog buns and hamburger buns. Off we went out the front door across the driveway and into the park. I thought sure they would be there but alas the ducks were gone well supported a bag of stale bread products not gone moldy. Well Mark Anthony didn't want to see his aging father heartbroken to played the ducks. He knew the place just down the road should be some ducks there. So, what turned I thought was going to be a short trip across the park feed the ducks there and done turned out to be a 2 mile jaunt almost 10 Salt Lake blocks south to it turned out to be fairly nice duck sanctuary. Sanctuary is a bit formal but there is definitely set aside for ducks of all kinds. White ducks, traditional green and white ducks, black and white and gray mix, stately Canadian geese and some totally black ninja ducks which had never seen before. What was really weird the ducks didn't seem too interested at first in the food offerings. I thought it could have been my imagination but I thought I saw a couple of the ducks looking back over their shoulders (ducks have shoulders). Finally, I guess caution gave into white bread and soon a menagerie of quackers were beginning to crowd around the area allows throwing broken pieces of hot dog bun into. As I was anticipating I quite enjoyed the exercise of being the dominant species benevolentlyfeeding the lesser species. All sudden there was a commotion upstream and I swear a power push of these black ducks in black and white ducks put a major press on the group of ducks feeding off our bread. I mean it actually caused waves ahead of the black menagerie. Major squawking which sounds definitely like threats ensued and all of our little ducks cleared out as fast as they could get some even flying I couldn't believe it. The rogue ducks actually set up a perimeter and for the longest while swam back and forth in front of the area where we were feeding the ducks. Eventually, this group got bored or whatever and left and we continued to throw bread out there in a few the other ducks finally came back but nothing like it was before. I really think they thought they are being watched in someone's definitely taking names. I wish had had my video running. Hopefully, in the near future my my ducks will back on our own little bitch/canal across the driveway and through the park which will be just ducky if you ask me…

No comments: