Sunday, September 19, 2021

Good Roots -Good Tree

 



For me there is kind of an excitement in the air. I woke up to blustery autumn winds. Not necessarily cold but not necessarily hot either. A noncommittal, right in the middle, temperature kind of a morning. Were clouds about expected but no rain or other meteorological bugaboos to threaten the day. I slept better than the night before but still waking at 3 AM and only spottily got back to anything resembling sleep but yet I'm feeling pretty decent. Today I got a 2-for-1 two bodies, One in the granddaughter. This so refreshing to be past the point of formalities with my offsprings And One of course Little Mark. Especially with the granddaughter who I can even tell his glad to see me when we get together and voluntarily gives the hugs because she wants to not because of some ritual demanding that she must because of my spot in the family line. What a joy! We've gone to this restaurant enough, it seems every Sunday this summer, they know who we are and what we need. We still go through the ritual of requesting “coffee all around” and menus. It pretty much order the same thing however this week I changed a little bit and got the sausage gravy and biscuits. The gravy and biscuits were not as good as I hoped but good enough for a Sunday morning.


Mark Anthony was all excited today he was having a zoom meeting with the Russians. A group of individuals he is somehow linked up with via the Internet. He feels The Zoom meetings are a collaboration Of two cultures trying to learn each other's language and using technology to meet that goal. I am of course a concerned parent but trying to keep my place as an interested parent willing to support the project. However in my minds eye I'm reliving discussions of CIA KGB and other secret organizations casting for individuals. So we had the breakfast and Mark took the granddaughter home but came back later excited to zoom around the neighborhood which is always fun. Today we went about 4 miles which is not a record but it's a good workout for the power chair.We tried to stick around the neighborhood to some degree. In truth I must admit I'm looking at widening their stride and going to other territories which I believe I've outlined another posts. We stopped along the way while traversing through this neighborhood by the fence in this tree. I was immediately intrigued by the root system that was showing. I wondered how far the roots reached into the ground to keep this tree from toppling over. I was impressed though the roots that are exposed above the surface of the ground seemed to be a giant hand grasping the dirt holding on with all its might especially the day during the autumn winds. I was intrigued enough to take an autumn image. It's a good image but still does not convey the strength these roots exhibit clinching the dirt trying to survive the change of seasons waiting and hoping for a time to sleep under the cold winds and deep snow of Winters night…



No comments: