Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Breathing Deep For Nothing At All

 





I hate it when I build tolerance to something, sometimes. It seems like I built tolerances to things that I look forward to like Valium or diazepam and today I'm finding out with some disappointment that I am building, what I think, is a tolerance to laughing gas or more formally Nitrous oxide. I know a spoken about this before but today's a whole different aspect.


I really didn't do much this morning just because it's my program morning which means I don't even see my home health person tell 8:30 AM or later and usually it's later. So even if Tristan shows up at 8:30 AM and all goes well done by 9:30 AM but still 10 AM before I get out and start doing stuff possibly. I just have to accept this because Tristan is the best of good be able to do right now and nothing gets Tristan, the latter is actually quite good, efficient and relatively dependable. I spend my mornings waiting and then trying to get on with my day. Eventually, I see the day coming, but I'm going to have to get somewhat aggressive and start demanding for our earlier program time. 6 AM would be nice but I doubt that's going to happen 7 AM is not bad either in fact that might be most doable, for me, allowing me to get up shaven stuff and even do a little housecleaning before my my home health person gets here. This morning went fine no problems then I had to just really, weight around until 1:30 PM when I had to go over to the dentist's office for my emergency repair.


I really like this dentist of all of his staff and best yet they like me.Whenever I emerge from the side door into the office I since there'd genuinely glad to see me. For a short period of time just a second or two everything stops people gather around me asked me how I'm doing, ask what I'm doing their, I have an appointment let me know that everything is just about ready to go. At some point Dr. Anderson wanders by welcomes me as well and they guide me to the middle chair which is where they made room for me beside this middle chair that I can drive my power chair into then tell myself back and get ready. Of course, they asked me if I'll be wanted the nitric oxide and of course I say “of course”. Usually it's Cindy the puts the nose thing on my face turns the faucet and I inhaled deeply. The last couple of times I've gone under however I've asked to see if there turned very faucet on or maybe the hose was kinked basically meaning that I'm not getting high or not getting high enough. Today was similar I breathe deeply but nothing seems to happen. I know that everything is working Cindy even checks the gauges to make sure I'm getting “flow”. I just don't single launch. This is okay just kind of sad. Luckily today I didn't even have any Novocain. There was some minor drilling but I guess nothing deep enough to get close to a nerve which is okay by me. I'm just kind of bummed because the nitric oxide didn't work or maybe it did work and I've gotten so used to the high that's no longer high it's just me in the dentist chair breathing deeply on a rush that won't come…

No comments: