Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Learn the The Lesson Well

 


I thought sure I had written something before regarding how I becoming convinced that this world we live in, this veil of tears, is nothing but a pass fail test. This is good! Don't get me wrong as a study year of psychology and having messed with a lot of tests will my favorite professors was convinced the best testing system was pass/fail. He even built his one class around this very concept developed nine or 10 exams and had backups of those exams so the individual took the exam until he passed it. It basically could fail as long he needed until the past exams. I've become a believer over the years. I'm really beginning to believe that however this earth is governed spiritually or whatever the whole thing, this whole lifecycle, is nothing more than a giant pass fail test.


Learning to use my teeth for just eating, chewing and fighting is my test and today I think I have finally passed.


This morning as I was getting ready to dress myself – – it's Tuesday no help from the outside today. This means I have to loop my foot in a device that allows me to pull my leg up over my other leg to put on my shorts and my shoes. This is quite an arduous task for me. I'm so thankful I can do this but it is taking a toll on me. I want to blame to do wheelchair for the problem I'm not sure what it is but all I know is that it's getting more and more difficult to lift my leg over the other one that a lot of hocus-pocus and use of my power chair different chair shifting scenarios. The problem however this morning, and up trying to really really trying to do this procedure without using my mouth more explicitly by teeth. When I had good teeth, front teeth, what I would often do is raise my foot as high as I could with my leg lift system, which allows to lift my leg just so high that I have to bite down on the strap and use my free hands to pull my leg up the rest of the way. Remember a couple weeks ago when I had that emergency dental thing on my front tooth broke off? I had somehow broken my tooth, a tooth which had been repaired once before. I may have been doing the foot thing I can't remember for sure all I know is that I noticed a piece of tooth on the floor and then realized the front part of my tooth said fallen off. Since then I really have been trying to not weaken and use my mouth or teeth in the dressing process. I use my teeth on Sunday I think in the first time in a long while and got away with it. And the day trying the procedure again as soon as I bit down on the strap And applied a little pressure against my spasm the whole front of the tooth just popped off. Fortunately, there is no pain involved but what's left of the tooth is rugged sharp and jagged. Immediately, I realize there's another visit to Dr. Anderson's office. Another couple hundred I'm sure but the point is I think I finally learned my lesson. As my Ex always always told me “Teeth are not tools!”. I could yammer on about how nobody knows how difficult it is to be quadriplegic and have to have other ways of holding stuff even for the moment but you know what Dianne was/is right… Teeth are not tools. Tomorrow, I have an appointment to have the tooth fixed which I totally believe Anderson can do. So far he's been a magician in my mouth…

No comments: