Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Everyone's A Short Timer


Today turned out to be a much busier day than I anticipated that is not necessarily bad it just means that I'm very late posting the blog. In truth, I almost forgot and I never forget. However this evening I've been madly trying to finish up my basic posting of “kid letters”. It seems I was battling chaos a good part of the time. Fortunately, this morning when I had a few minutes I printed most of the envelopes. I had to take a break around lunchtime and meet when my old friends from a past professional life. We had lunch over at the park adjacent to my apartment complex. Today was blustery but warm and somewhat pleasant. We are both old man now but enjoy each other's company. We try to have lunch three or four times a year and we do pretty good. Are both quite concerned with the state of the world currently but enjoyed our roast beef sandwiches, potato chips and I requested anything red drink.


I dictated a few more letters are the last of the immediate letters when I got back to the apartment complex and when I started the final print sadly my printer ran out of ink, unbelievable. Was getting later in the day and I didn't have the energy or the desire to head up to Walmart or some other place to buy another cartridge of ink. Luckily, we have a computer lab here at the apartment complex which means we have for computers folks can use and are all cooked up to a major printing system. Last week when I tried to use it however there is something wrong with the printer and I wasn't sure if it been repaired or not. I did report the malfunction but I've been too busy to check up on it but as a last-ditch effort I downloaded all my letters onto a thumb drive and headed up to the second floor. I was delighted to find someone had repaired the issue in the printer is working fine. I always feel little goosy using the company's equipment like this but I figure they wouldn't put the equipment there for didn't want us to use it. Every once in a while throughout the year I drop off a half arena paper or so just so my guilt is appeased a little bit for using so much paper when I print KL letters (Kid Letters). Back to the apartment I made some space available where I could pull letters and stuff envelopes which I didn't as I watched a B rated movie I found on Netflix to keep me company while I finished my letter project. I'm certainly glad I had something productive to do while this movie was running or I would've felt extremely guilty wasting at least two hours on a silly piece of limited science fiction. So now I'm just about got this posting finished and I've just about got the letters raise ago. Tomorrow I'll stuff dollar bills into the letters going to the smaller grandchildren then lick and seal and stamp and try to get it all done before Thursday coffee social. My butt pretty tender these days so I'm really trying to lean back in my chair as much as I can to take the weight of the buttocks. Tomorrow's Thursday kind of like the beginning of the weekend it's unbelievable another weeks gone. We lost another resident at the apartments this week. Someone I knew by site and often visited with but I never really knew her name and now she's gone that's kind of how it goes in senior living everyone's a short timer…

No comments: