Friday, September 10, 2021

Old Days Old Ways




One of my friends here at the senior living complex we'll call Trish has contacted residents that she would like to get pictures/images of them in their former lives. I'm not exactly sure what that means especially when talking to me was she talking about before my accident or before moving in here. Are the way and become quite dismayed at how few images I can lay my hands on. I have a lot scattered in different boxes I have scurried away in this apartment. I have a lot of images which are pretty good images that been taken with various cell phone cameras and such that I have been various folders also squirreled away on my hard drive but those images are not before my accident. I don't remember if I posted the project I did a couple years ago where I scanned every image that I had laying around as well as pages from various photo albums my mother had put together over the years. In fact that's where I got the image at the front of this posting.


I really like this image it was taken when I actually was wearing clothes that I liked and have image that I fairly like. This image was taken at my parents home and I believe it may have been over Thanksgiving holiday I'm not sure the time 1971 or 72 something like that. I believe was before my first marriage – – a long time ago. Go to realize a lowly five or six years post injury at that point I was still at a point in my life where I would literally jump out of my wheelchair whenever I was going to be anywhere an extended period of time. In this image taken barely make out my chair in the background. It was important for me to lose my chair as often as possible and try to pass as an able-bodied. I don't really know if that's what I was trying to do but I kind of think I was. I kind of miss that guy not only because he's skinny (comparatively speaking) but he also had lots of hair black curly hair. My beard was okay I like the fact that it came in red which kind of surprised me. I don't think I had a beard for 40 years now. I don't know if I have the patience or the will to grow a beard to this point in my life. Now if I go without shaving for even a day I feel Scuzzy. But that was a great moment in my life.


What I'm finding really weird is that I don't feel much like sifting through a bunch of old images for the “Annual” project. Trish is the resident photographer. She has a high-end camera that she does a lot of if not all of the photography around events and happenings here at Plymouth View. She produces a picture book much like the school annuals, Slick glossy pages heavy with images light on text, every year chronicling the events of the complex. But she does a good job and certainly gives her busy and I can appreciate that. But what's weird is that I used to be very fixated on keeping accurate picture of the past especially with things like images and now it's just ho-hum I don't really care. It's almost like the images the longer matter. They are helpful however to stimulate thought and even memories from time to time like the project I'm doing “Shoe Dreams”…</span>

No comments: