Friday, September 03, 2021

Shopping

 




The really was one of those their perfect days always for traveling. Clear weather, really nice temperatures and no physical pain to speak of. This morning's program went ideally well there is a little sadness and that it might be Tristan's last day of assistance. I have not heard whether Melanie is in or out of the hospital or what her status is with the company and they have not informed Tristan as well. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I hear the knock on the door Monday morning and it's Tristan. Either way I'll be thankful for whoever shows up. Dressed and ready to go however I messed around the apartment for a little while eventually heading out to the bus stop for point south.


I have not used my new electric knife yet. I'm actually holding off until I can get to thrift stores Including Deseret industries or DI., fortunately for me There's a good-sized Deseret industries as well as two major thrift stores all within two blocks of each other just 30 blocks blocks south of me. It seems I have seen electric knives over and over at these places. The reason I'm holding up using the new electric knife to cut the foam rubber I have access to to make a side support/modesty pad is that I did not want to use a good knife on this old foam rubber that I will probably use to cut turkey, roast beef and who knows what other food things I may want to cut. I the idea of using an electric knife when I watched Casey my occupational therapist doing exactly that and the handheld machine worked perfectly. It all made sense to me. I even had an electric knife which I dropped, of course, and the handle part shattered. I figured it would be easy to find another. I hadn't had a use until recently when I acquired a big piece of foam rubber from the boys over there at UC A T. Well it looks like I'm going to have to use the new electric knife because at three thrift stores none of them had the apparatus that I wanted not even close. I still can't believe it. On the upside however, I found my favorite butter knife.


I don't know when I became fixated on these butter knives that have a bold on one hand and a broad tip on the other. I found these nice perfect for my needs as far as smearing everything from butter to jam on pieces of bread. I don't know if Dianne found me or bought me The first couple of these knives but I've been on a quest ever sense trying to build up my stash… And I've been doing quite well surprisingly. I probably have about six now altogether of these weighted broad nosed buttering devices. But even though I don't need more knives it's great to have a reason to search of DI throw always. It's not like I make time every weekend to forge through the bins of discarded silverware but when I get a chance every six or eight weeks kind of fun to dive in to see what I can find. Today I found one sticker you know a large carving fork. These are great for cooking particularly for spearing meat products out of the oven as well as cooking meat products on top of the stove. When I find one that looks relatively righteous I will grab it which I did today. So even though I didn't get a used electric knife I got a butter knife in the toad sticker sometimes life doesn't get any better than that…

No comments: