Thursday, September 30, 2021

Take It On Home José

 



For some reason I can no longer get YouTube
 To play on my images that I post which is too bad. Today outplayed, of course, "Sky Pilot"By Eric Burden and the Animals– – Search for the music and play it, great video, great words

I don't know why I think people will live forever and I'm so shocked when I received word that they passed but I do. Today, I found out that my buddy José Rodriguez passed on a couple of days ago in Nampa Idaho. I don't think I really, as a rule, right tribute to my friends who died – – but maybe I do some degree. It's important to me that I knowledge them and how they fit into my life. Met José when I went to work with Dr. McIntyre at the neighborhood health clinics probably 1972. I went to work with the clinics after I finished an internship at state hospital in the Idaho. It was at the state hospital that I met Dr. McIntyre who was the medical director of the clinics after Mac retired from Idaho State School And Hospital (ISS & H).


I've talked about the clinics, I believe, in other parts of this blog But in short we had four clinics that we would circuit on every day during the week. José was our physicians assistant(P A), one of the first PA s In Idaho. Long story but José was a Vietnam vet/medic and went through the physician's assistants program in Texas. We had this great white Chevrolet van that we rode each day from clinic to clinic. Two hours in each clinic started in Boise and an ending in Homedale Idaho.For a long time it was José, the Captain and myself. Later we were joined by Mary the pharmacist and for very short while Betsy the nurse practitioner. José and I bonded very soon after the project started. We certainly bonded with Dr. McIntyre as well that he was selected grown up in the group. We certainly included Mac were ever we could and our antics, Like stealing apples on the Apple run back home from Homedale unsurpassed in the orchards. José totally supported me in cursing the community of Parma Idaho which we did each day at lunch hour. We rode from Nampa to Parma where we would have lunch served us from folks in the community. It was a splendid time a time when things are still pure as farce the clinic systems went. I only spent about 18 months with the clinic project. Capt. Mac and José of course spent a lot more time since they were actually real medical professionals. I was just the shrink even then it was somewhat questionable about what I brought to the system but Mac and José always protected me. They certainly had my back.


I'm feeling alone now. The time of my life is now completely gone. Mac by the number of months ago actually years ago and now José. It's hard to believe that part of my life is gone though it shouldn't be, great honk!I'm 70 years old what do I expect. José was not that much older than I was surprised that he's checked out already. He totally left medicine became a real sky pilot. I don't know if he was trying to impress McIntyre or maybe the Spirit did touch José let them away from medicine to caring for Hispanic populations in Mexico part of the year and then coming back to Caldwell/Nampa for the rest of the year, having congregations in each community. Frankly, this little hard for me to get my mind around but it's what José obviously wanted and felt that that's very needed to be. Both he and Mac were sky pilots and that's okay I've always been the odd man out and now I'm the only one left. “Sky pilot, how high can you fly? You'll never never touch the sky…”

No comments: