Wednesday, September 29, 2021

It's A Principal Thing

 



It just seems more and more that my days get more expensive just to get by. I'm not complaining and I realize I'm very fortunate to be blessed with enough income, it seems, to meet my needs but still, I get vexed, worried and just plain frustrated. (I hope that wasn't too redundant). Today I had my teeth cleaned and that's to be expected I guess with good dental responsibility. In my new goal to be as proactive and responsible to myself and others as possible I am trying to do these things like teeth cleaning. So, in to the office I went on a cold blustery afternoon. Annette, is my dental hygienist, She is also the dentist's sister. Annette is nice and we had a fairly good fairly one-sided chat as she gouged them picked and cleaned. Of course, I'm going back to have the Doc look at some questionable issues around some of the teeth were trying to save. Anyway, my cost today was $69. I'm lucky as I can afford it but it seems like these teeth cleanings used to be covered by by insurance at least I was never charged for them. Going to have to check my policy and see. I shouldn't quibble so much was just the principle.


I just finished watching the news and was getting ready to get back to dictating letters to the grandkids I got a call from my wheelchair shop. I was figuring I would be getting this call sooner or later. I was anticipating them telling me that the parts for the wheelchair repair had come in but instead I was informed that my insurance would not cover the repairs. Which were relatively minor still would be around 500 bucks it including labor. It's kind of weird that the excuse insurance used was it was too soon to repair a brand-new chair which was pretty lame but I was not going to battle over it tonight. And once again I should be thankful that I could actually pay the 500 and not be too hurt, at least financially from the whole thing. I don't know if I've written about this issue but the box on the front of my chair is too big which makes turning difficult and forces the foot box against  the Castor or front wheel and chews it up. The cost to get new castors have the castors replaced, as wheelchair shop would like it would be around 200 bucks. I can get almost new castors or at least good used casters for just a few bucks each I think. I'll check that out tomorrow. The only problem I would have is getting someone to change the casters out. I've done it before but I just don't know who I would bother with this project I do have some options. And once again I could absorb the costs but it's just the whole issue of having to give my chair up for a day and all that entails as well as just giving socked for another half a grand just just doesn't seem right…

No comments: