Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sundays Zoomer's

 


Another Sunday morning and another breakfast at D's restaurant, the spelling is actually Dees, a Salt Lake fixture for I don't know how many decades. Today was just Mark and me sometimes the granddaughter, Jasmine joins us which is always fun. Is going great for me to get to know Jasmine much more personal level than I ever thought I would have the opportunity for. Hopefully, our relationship is turning into one right can be like the grandfather on Sloop John B. I doubt that will ever go sailing together but sometimes just hanging out is an adventure in itself. Mark and I usually go what we call “zooming” which is picking a certain area of the neighborhood and then rolling down all the very aspects of the neighborhood, Mark uses electric scooter and me of course in the power chair going as fast as I can. It's really kind of fun but we've pretty much done all the neighborhoods in the area around my apartment complex. I would like to jump a bus with Mark or meet him somewhere like downtown Salt Lake are up in the avenues or even University of Utah campus.


Downtown Salt Lake be a blast, early on a Sunday morning zooming up and down streets and particularly back alleys where you can see stuff usually kept from view of the public. There is so much places we could go and great places to have breakfast even. It's been decades since I had a breakfast at Market St., Grill for example. I suppose the breakfasts are pretty much the same as anywhere else I mean after all breakfast is breakfast eggs, some form of meat usually from Pig and of course some flour-based quick bread usually pancakes but one cannot forget about the classic waffle and scones. But there's all kinds of other places in the downtown Salt Lake area and even up towards the avenues that would be fun to explore for different breakfasts. I don't know if we get a chance before whatever this fall turns into but maybe hopefully next spring.


I don't know how long we're going to be able to keep this activity going. I'm sure sooner or later were going to run into some kind of meteorological setback. I don't know how much I would want to cruise around in a snowstorm, rainstorm or super cold weather. Super cold weather and snow storms may be a thing of the past will just have to see how cruel global warming gets. If anything maybe as the seasons warm it will be perfect for Sunday zooming all year around. Today is resumed around the residential areas a kind of wondered what people thought of associated zoomed up and down their streets on the sidewalks in the back roads other neighborhoods. Where usually fairly early on a Sunday morning like 9 AM 10 AM something like that. Many of the people who have seen us gave us that look of “Ahhhh a son and his dad in a wheelchair having a Sunday morning outing”. I think they may also be thinking what are these guys doing in my neighborhood checking out architecture or whatever? Maybe we should be watching them a little bit closer. No one is stopped us yet and asked us what were doing and getting the feeling that could happen any time especially in these days of such political unrest. What's really strange is that probably bad enough that we are zooming these neighborhoods but probably worse that were often conversing in Russian or trying to the ads a lot more color to the image like red…

No comments: