Saturday, September 05, 2026

1 Return of the chair

I slept poorly last night waking up around 3:00 a.m. and not really getting back to sleep. I had to pee and I just couldn't get everything to work right. I couldn't get the catheter inside the urethra took me forever I never did get it done actually. I finally got up at 6:00 a.m. not being able to handle anymore time in bed. Hopefully tonight things will go better. Hopefully it was just one of those things or maybe it's another one of those Corners I've turned that I just can't do anymore like I used to. I was able to finally get into my returned power chair late this afternoon my caregiver was able to come over and Trent transfer out the chairs and it feels so much better to be in my regular chair. Everything feels comfortable again I'll see what happens when I transfer into bed and more specifically when I get up in the morning to see how well the transfer goes as well as dressing. My son is in Istanbul this weekend and I haven't contacted I heard from the granddaughter who usually goes to breakfast with us. I don't know if she wants to continue tomorrow or not. That makes a big difference whether or what time I get up as far as that goes. Maybe I'll just get up early anyway get dressed if she doesn't show up that's fine she does that's fine too that'll be great. I haven't got much done around the apartment today just because I've been so tired and interestingly the backup chair that I got the batteries switched into the other day was acting really strange. I thought I was going to be safe as far as going anywhere in that chair but even though I charged it all night I only went a little ways and start ed draining the battery quickly or at least that's what it said on the controller. It's worse now than when I started the project. I may have to drop it off at the ucat place and see if they can track down the problem electrically speaking. I don't know if that would work or not it's worth a shot especially if I have to use it again for an extended period of time. A big job on Monday will be too make an appointment with my MD to start the process of getting the new chair. I don't know how long like this is going to take but I do know it'll always take longer than I want it to.


I did the coffee shop this morning which was really impressive to me because that meant I got up early enough to get dressed to get down there by 9:30 when I usually go in and get my coffee. That lady who's really been tight spending some time on talking to me came over and actually sat at my table it along discussion. I actually opened up about some of the stuff I'm going through right now which I can't believe that I did it was good to know to have someone to talk to. I bet we talked 45 minutes to an hour. I actually bought a whole fried chicken at the market today that's pretty stupid the best saved a lot of money and I bought just two chicken breasts fried. But now I have a whole chicken it's a fried chicken cold in the deli that I will use for Frank maybe even make a chicken salad sandwich or something that might be good. I think I was just trying to get ready for a holiday weekend…


No comments: