Friday, September 25, 2026

Autumn Heat

Autumn heat is a different kind of heat then summer heat I've come to realize. It's okay it's just different like the last couple days have been beautiful and the temperatures have been in the low 80s. Before the equinox 80s degrees with sunshine is hot almost uncomfortably hot if one has to stay out in the sun for an extended period of time. But as you get close to the equinox and go post Equinox 80° is just comfortable. It's not too hot and when can easily stay out in the sun without much issue at least that's the way it is for me. I even had to wait for a bit of time for the bus this afternoon and it wasn't the unpleasant experience. I just been to the bank to get cash for letters and I had to wait for almost 30 minutes before the bus got to my stop. There's a bit of a breeze but quite pleasant, just the same it's like I said Autumn heat is a different kind of heat. Having written this I kind of remembered a little later on in the afternoon sitting out on the patio, in the sun, the temperature did get a little uncomfortable and I began looking for some shade. I even ate a double stick popsicle and I hardly eat any Popsicles after Autumn Equinox. It seemed the right thing to do. Not much else is happening spending a lot of time or sometime working on the kid letters getting them ready to go out by the first. I wish I had remembered when I was out by the market that I also going to need stamps this go around. Everything is getting so expensive I cannot believe it. I'm really beginning to understand all those pictures of the late 20s and early 30s during the Depression when people could afford bread or hardly anything. Sometimes it really feels like we're going back into that kind of a reality. I hope not but sometimes I think we're really getting set up. This evening it's even thinking about what I could do if I could get a part-time job somewhere just to fend off the rising costs of everything. Actually I feel I'm doing okay at the present time I just don't want to get worse.


No comments: