Sunday, September 13, 2026

Searching for sleep

I continue on my phase of waking early and not being able to get back to sleep but somehow getting through the day. I've been getting to realize a pattern I don't know if it's accurate or true but but seems to me is that if I go to bed I mean to sleep or try to go to sleep before 12:00 midnight and if waking up like at 3:00 a.m. and find it very difficult to get back to sleep. That's what happened last night I crashed around 11:30 because I wanted to make sure I was up in time to get dressed and be ready to meet my granddaughter for breakfast at my local restaurant. Ended up waking at 3:00 a.m. having to pee it took me almost an hour to get that job done I'm just not as functional as I used to be but anyway after draining about 400 cc's which is a lot for me lately, especially in bed. I was pretty much awake and though I tried to get back to some sort of sleeping scenario which I may have done shortly for a few minutes here there I was pretty much up. Maybe it's just a senior thing other seniors I know I hear a number of other seniors around here talking about walking the floors here at night because they can't sleep so they just tend to walk around the building. That really sounds kind of creepy actually but since I totally don't have that option I just think about all these new ghosts walking around. Then all the guys take a nap around 10:00 a.m. I suppose that's what we do now it's so weird.


I was finally dressed and ready to go by 7:00 a.m. and I wasn't to meet my granddaughter till about 8:00 a.m. so I just hung around the apartment resting trying to visualize and wonder what she's going to do because you promise you would come over to the apartment after breakfast and work cleaning the place up a little bit. Our building apartment inspections this week and I'm not really ever sure what they're looking for but my granddaughter does such a great job I love to see what she can do to miss like mine. And today she did a great job probably spent 2 hours and just made the place look great I thought/ think. We talked a lot. I hope I didn't show that I was struggling to keep myself focused because I was so sleep deprived that I may have kept spacing off the conversation but she didn't say anything if she was aware that I was kind of sloppy awake. It's a beautiful day or it was a beautiful day with a lot of wind because of a front coming in. I really didn't do anything after we finished the house cleaning. I was just too tired. I just sort of turn on a movie and have hardly watched and dozed through the afternoon. Of course it's the football season now which means none of my regular programming is available ie 430 news and the local news. They just go from one football game to the next or tennis are now soccer the real pain in the ass. I wish they would need to networks alone and continue to do it if that's going to happen but I can wish…


No comments: