Friday, September 11, 2026

Time to move on

I don't mean to come off being or insensitive but I get a little tired of the special days of remembrance of major events. Case in point today of course is September 11th 25th anniversary of the terror of the towers the falling of the towers. It's just a whole day of going over every minutiae event of that day it seems like. Why can't we just mention it and get on our way why do we have to Ravel and Dabble and bathe in the experience over and over and over again? It was sad, bad but let's move on. We've got problems of Our Own right now that we need to get rid of. When I get a little offended when my NewsHour or half hour the CBS Evening News basically takes the whole event and sort of circumvents the news of the day. I guess in all fairness that they didn't really circumvent because they sort of got to some of the high points of the day maybe but it seemed like they also circled around to tie them into issues of 9/11. I just think it's strange and tedious and to be honest somewhat boring. Quickly just because I happen to live through it I'm going to put my spin on everything I just talked about that I don't like and that was the fear I had for just a few minutes as we were listening to the radio or maybe even watching it on TV before we went to work that the jets flying into the tower was one thing but then getting reports of the other tragedies made it look like it was, and it was, an event that was all tied together. I was spooked that that might be the beginning of something much bigger larger. Luckily that was all that was done that we are aware of and life went back to its own unique boring way which is okay with me. Now however we have other issues we're facing ones that probably are a lot more significant if not greater- - is that redundant? And right now it's the AI crisis we've got ourselves into and I don't know if we're ever going to get ourselves out. I've tried to see the worst case scenario and that's probably surviving an AI takeover and how do we live with artificial intelligence / computers watching and guiding every moment of our lives? That's what's really spooky and but therefore be a time when we get overthrow our AI oppressors? It really is the stuff that science fiction is made of and very well could be life copying the movies however that phrases said. On the positive side maybe they'll be benevolent and teach us how to really live in a positive Life Style. And maybe after a few thousand Generations Lift us up to the point where we can coincide with AI I'becoming more than our sums. I went to the dentist today had my teeth cleaned but that's a story for another evening..


No comments: