Friday, September 18, 2026

More than clip clip snip snip

 I slept pretty good after Melissa got me to bed and left the apartment. There were a number of things that Melissa didn't know how to do as far as placing the wheel the power chair and making sure it was set up for the transfer plus the fact that the cover of the cushion had been taken off and cleaned of all the debris on the cover. So I was transferring right onto the internal parts of the cushion surprisingly it went okay the transfer as well as going around making coffee and getting ready for the day. The whole event was blessed I think. I did have some stinking thinking towards the end of the Sleep process before I'd gotten up. I just kept thinking I was all done living independently and I couldn't do it anymore and I was just too confounded in two dangerous just too messy but once I was up all of those thoughts began to dry up and vanish. If I look at them too closely I could see them coming back but I try not to dwell on the failure of living independently if I can. Clearly through the day I got clear ramifications that I'm doing okay I'm living all right and I'm still doing okay dressing myself and getting by. I just guess I need to realize that I'm going to probably mess up more than I used to. This kind of worries me but I try not to dwell on the small setbacks. I however realize that everyday I get a little bit older and sooner or later I'm going to lose the ability to care for myself as I am doing now and as I have done.


I really only had one project to consider today and that was taking the bus down south to the podiatrist I have my toenails clipped. This is a project that I'm beginning to consider me be a little Overkill. And this morning I was seriously thinking on letting my friend Richard the podiatrist know that I was not going to be coming back. This is what I thought going into the session today. I slowly convinced that my caregiver / Melissa, can't very well take care of my feet or at least clip my toenails. Truth is I'm not sure how much I want to continue taking the bus all the way down to the end of the 217 or it turns into the 218 and still go to the two blocks or four blocks to my podiatrist in the scourges of winter. The next appointment is in November. I held back on letting the podiatrist know I was going to see him because I watched what he did with my feet as I sat there I wouldn't have thought he did a lot more than just trim my nails- - what you did very well. But he looked closely at my feet and you look closely at any issues and problems I was having and then I realized that I needed to keep going to this guy because he really does care about my feet and he has a very good eye on issues and problems that come up with senior feet. I don't know if I want to let my caregiver do a little bit of my nails or maybe none at all I'll have to visit with her on that see how she feels. I know that Richard, my podiatrist, charges back the insurance folks quite a bit for maybe 20 minutes of work. But he's a trained eye and I appreciate that and it certainly well worth it. Will address this again in November..


No comments: