Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Great Expectations

Today was a gift. There was no meeting in Salt Lake so I didn't have to go into town today so I actually spent time building a breakfast which I really haven't done in the last couple of months just seemed that I've been so busy I haven't really done a lot of breakfast cooking a little bit of the other cooking during the day like this roast and stuff like that but just fun cooking which I did today. Nothing elaborate just good old spam and eggs and we toast. I did enjoy the event. Also, the day was somewhat overcast and rainy to at different points. The temperature was warm enough to enjoy being outside and I did go out outside for a bit. I actually found something I've been felt that I've been needing for some time but keep forgetting. I bought two packages of dental floss something like 255 yards- - that's a lot of floss. They're at the dollar store across the street from my apartment which was like I said not a major trip but it was a nice trip and got me to the market and made me feel like I accomplished something for the day's time. I did my usual too and consumed a couple movies during the poor weather time of the day. But if anything was to make this day more special than the others was a phone call I just got from my buddy Henry, a person from my past. I'd like to say he's a college buddy and he is actually but before that he was a camp buddy.


I met Henry at this place called Camp Easter seal. I think I've written about this before somewhere in this blog I mean I have more than 5,000 postings so I think that somewhere I've covered Camp Easter seal before but it's a camp for folks for kids with disabilities and I think I got shipped there in my second year of disability when I was like 16 or something. I'm sure it was meant to give my parents are the families some space from having their disabled kid around all the time. Anyway, not that we were more disabled than the other kids at the camp but we are kids who had to rely on Mobility devices Scooters or wheelchairs and we were in the special cabin we called it the K cabin just because all the cabins had a letter on them. Anyway, Henry was in our cabin he sort of got stuck there because he fell down and hit his head on a table and had to be at our cabin for the rest of the event it was about 2 weeks if I remember right. We did a lot of stuff some of it within the rules some of it not but we certainly made some bonds. Then like I said later on we met up at the University we are in the same dorm actually. We weren't so social at that point we should have ran in different groups or I didn't run any group Henry was a politician so he had his own group and it was quite active with the religious social group on campus. But now that we're on the other side of Youth way into seniorhood it's great to visit. He's actually coming down from Idaho for a couple hours while his wife is going to baby shower  40 minutes south of town. We should have a couple good hours to hang out. He has a scooter and I think we'll start the coffee shop that I go to every Saturday morning and Branch out from there. It's not like we're going on any long expeditions but still it should be fun…

 

No comments: