Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Transitions

 I don't know if it was a bladder infection or maybe I had something else I don't know what but yesterday was kind of a nightmare and a large part of today was very much similar. I didn't sleep much past 3:00 a.m. seemed like but that seems to happen a lot to me anymore I don't know what the hell that's about maybe it's just a geriatric thing but seems to be getting old. Last night I couldn't get my new shoes off because they were snug On My Feet so much different than the other ones. Clearly I was having some issues I was almost falling out of my chair at one point luckily however quite late almost 11:00 I get a call from the people that are supposed to pick up my chair, remember they're going to fix it, they're here to pick it up or soon will be. I was able to use so who came to get the chair as someone to take the shoe off my left foot and help put my foot back on the foot plate which got me back on track it was then I went to bed and I wasn't sure what that was going to be like but I made it through the night. Today. One of the first things I did do today was at 8:00 I called the cyst to let them know that I was not going to be able to make the meeting today at 11:00. I was planning to even chance taking the chair in Spanish but I was just too l or dehydrated or whatever to even make the meeting and I hardly ever miss that.


 I just wanted to get through the day it took me forever to get dressed and I was blaming the chair for the whole thing and I couldn't imagine having to go a couple more weeks in this chair if I had to if they have to order in New Motors but guess what? I got a call from a wheelchair shop a couple hours ago indicating that they did put the new batteries in and were able to fix the motors didn't have to be replaced. I don't know if I believe them or not we'll see though what happens I'm just excited and I think just the mere thought of not having to totally rely on this thing I call a backup chair any further has perked me right up. I also had a couple good glasses of liquid. I think this may have been part of the problem I think I may have been a bit dehydrated I've just got a force myself to drink fluids all the time and just realize I want to spend a good deal of time peeing but that's the way things go. The day was also pretty chilly for me early on I tried to go out and I read a little bit outside I was just too uncomfortable with the Cool Wind. So now I'm waiting for the phone call that will let me know how far out the delivery guy is and will soon have the old chair back with new batteries and Motors that work. 


In fact if the chair is so functional now maybe I will go to the Urgent Care Clinic and do a sample and see if in fact I have well I know I have a bladder infection I always do but maybe they'll give me some medications to knock it out for a while in that case also make all the difference..


No comments: