Thursday, September 10, 2026

I'll call you

I've been having issues with my cell phone for a number of weeks now and I pretty much wrote The behavior as dropping my cell phone one too many times. It's one of the issues of being quadriplegic are being partially quad their hands just barely function so you end up dropping things at least I end up dropping things a lot. Anyway, I wanted to get out of Dodge for a while and this morning was as good as any to do such a thing. I went to the coffee social as always tried to be a socialist I could with my Limited Spanish skills. But afterwards I just grabbed my pack and at and hook and took off to the bus stop. I do my cellular through an outfit called Consumer Cellular. This is a operation that Diane set up before we split up I've never really understood them or dealt with them at all so I figured I'd better start. I understood they have a side that sells cell phones I guess most of these operations do. Anyway they have a complete set of cell phones designed for seniors. I'm not sure how I feel about that but for what I use a cell phone that doesn't have to have tons of whistles and bells. So I figured I would see if I could find Consumer Cellular but in the meantime I went to another operation cuz I know sales cell phones. It's all the way to 21st South meeting I had to take the bus to the Community College then jumped the other bus to take me down to the track station then take the train into 21st. There's a big Best Buy store there and that's where I went. As usual, I don't go directly to where I need to go I end up wandering around the stores as much as I can just looking. I finally talked to somebody at the cell phone place and I just am blown away at how much these cell phones cost. But in the discussion he indicated that I could go to a place called Zack or something like that which is just around the corner from where I was at he indicated those guys do phone repair that I should talk to them. I did that very thing. I ended up having quite an in-depth conversation with two of their service people. As I described the issues I was having with my cell phone and that she tried to actuate and work with myself and she diagnosed it almost immediately as bad batteries! It took her a while to get inside my cell phone because it was so encased in its protective casing but she eventually did and showed me how the battery itself was puffing up and bulging and the behavior of the phone is exhibiting as far as turning itself off and not running until you plug it in and then it's still quite a challenge to get it turned on. I ordered a new battery it'll take a week to get here probably. I was going to leave the phone there but I felt naked without it even if it was less than functional. It just made me feel safer having it nearby something to hold on maybe something to throw out a bad guy who knows..


No comments: