Sunday, September 27, 2026

Sunday supports

 Once again the kids came over to the apartment following breakfast. Their main goal was to once again clean my apartment and put various parts of it in order that seem to be in chaos right now. I totally enjoyed the opportunity to have them in the apartment and visiting with them doing this exercise. You've really been doing a great job and I'm trying to keep the apartment relatively in order from week to week I do pretty good until like Wednesday or Thursday then things begin to break down chaos begins to rise it's messy head. This week was very interesting because Jasmine had purchased some brushes that go on the end of the stick or handles and with that she can actually scrub the floor a lot of the little piles of things that have been dropped on the floor then walked on and dried and now they're just little hunks attached to the floor that you got to scrape them off well she did. Jackson helped and put a lot of muscle into scraping the floor as well as actually mopping the floor as well. They weren't satisfied to use those flaky mops you get at the market these days with the foam heads that you pull the handle down and squeezes the liquid out. They actually got the old time mops with the straggly hair looking pieces of cloth hanging out that you can really get moppy in the floor good and they did a great job. Perhaps the high point of the visit was the cooking of my frozen pizza that had in my freezer for a couple weeks now. I really am trying to do this process of using items that I purchase that typically I end up storing for way too long. So even though I had other food I could be eating we went ahead and cooked the frozen pizza which turned out to be quite good I was even able to get the kids to eat a couple pieces each and I still have pizza left over I guess I'm truly blessed. The one thing is really sort of interesting is that these kids are so fixated on the used by dates that if the cans got used by date more passed it they really want to just throw it out. I saved a can of Olives well I saved it by opening it up and now I'm eating them but it's like a couple years past the best use date and they're really to throw them out and I just can't get rid of a whole can of olives. True I've held on to and probably way too long I should have been eating all her sooner or later somewhere along the line but I have not so again part of my goal is to start eating my canned goods all of them fruits vegetables and whatever I think I would like to use some day I think the phrase to use is do it now!

1q

No comments: