It was good to get back out on the road today now that my power chair is repaired. I don't have to worry about it, the power chair, stopping randomly along my path or travel this was so annoying and so unnerving. Now that seems to be a thing of the past common now I just have to work on getting a brand new chair which seems like it's a possibility now. I have to connect with my physician now, again, to write a letter of need for such a vehicle. I don't know why I seem to be dragging my feet on this task maybe for fear that they'll turn me down even though they've said they will not they just I'm frightened that they might. That's okay anyway because I'm sure I'm going to get my heart broken one way or the other when I order this new chair and it comes. Just never seem to be happy with things like that I just don't do very well with ordering items. But tomorrow, hopefully, I'll be able to make the call over to my doctor's office and see about them writing a letter of support. Even then I don't know how long it'll take to get the chair built and usable. I kind of look forward to it but I just don't build my hopes up too much.
Today was kind of busy for me I had two major events. One was the regular assist, ink meeting downtown Salt Lake across from the library at 11:00 a.m. and then following that a fast jaunt across downtown over to the train then back down to South Salt Lake to meet with my friend Lori for lunch, a late lunch at the Restaurant not far from my home. I was so pleased I was able to make it there on time. The only drawback was that one of the individuals that meet with our lunches our lunch group, Jerry our writer friend had other options he had to deal with today mainly a funeral and that's a shame. It seems at this point funerals are becoming somewhat common as folks within our strata begin to die out and I guess that includes us to a certain degree but not yet anyway. I worry about Jerry sometimes I don't think he's too well but I sure like it when he meets with us and treats us like equals an adults. Lori and I had a great conversation I think we generally do. We're fortunate enough to have great conversations of entertainment, substance and Hope. I think I feel fortunate in that conversation with Lori comes easily. We easily fill up an hour or so depending on topics of conversation. I think we visited for about 2 hours with today's lunch, a perfect way to spend an afternoon in the fall.
I wore a long sleeves today. The first half of the day was somewhat chilly I'm glad that I chose the long sleeves but towards the afternoon today did really heat up. Even though I was uncomfortably warm at times I was glad that I had the long sleeves on. More and more each morning I feel the coming of the next season. I paid special attention to the leaves on the trees in Salt Lake today as I went downtown. They're all quite green and still quite healthy- - the cold has yet to cut their supply I guess from the mother tree. If I travel I guess I could go to the mountains and see the early colors of the trees change has fall gets closer day by day. If one looks very close and listens very carefully one can just barely see and hear the beginning of the change..
No comments:
Post a Comment