Monday, February 21, 2005

Battle


Camera parts Posted by Hello

The Battle Never Stops!


Man, being a consumer takes so much energy. I just get worn out. I am a State employee which means because today is a national holiday today is also a State holiday `which is alright by me. So, rather then just blowing off the day, watching TV, messing with the computer I decided to go down to the wheelchair store and start the process for another powered wheelchair, whi8ch I know will be a battle in and of it self but thought I might as well begin the process. So far so good on the beginning of that project. We have yet to make our proposal to our insurance carriers. I expect that battle to be mighty and fierce; that battle looms off in the near future. I purchased a wireless router then in February I took it back and exchanged it for a Logitech web cam. I brought it home and found out the cameras image quality was abysmal, and the speaker quality was nonexistent . I found an old Intel webcam I has laying round and downloaded a new set of drivers and now the Itel works like a champ. BUT, I will have a non working , to my satisfaction, web cam I could use somewhere and some time. One problem though, I let the boxes, the Logitech cam came in get thrown out. I however, saved the receipt of the return and exchange. I just happened to have one of those heavy plastic bags laying round that another piece of equipment came in and it felt and looked official. I really wanted to exchange the cam for another hub or some media but I figured I would see what I could get away with.

I got to CompUSA about 11:30 and I could not believe the line people to return things. I felt like it was the 26th of December but warmer. I ended up wandering round looking at camera, printers and mother board but most of all waiting for the lines to thin. The people behind the counter looked raged and shell shocked. I finally got in line powered forward and put on my best pathetic geek face. I reached up to the cashier with my little plastic bag of broken toys and she just looked at me and sighed.


Cashier from Hell


We can only accept items returned in the box the item left in.

Where is the other receipt?


ME


I know. The box got thrown away before I could save it, besides I did not think the camera was going to be defective. I

I exchanged this item for a router i purchased earlier and this

was the only r3eceipt they gave me.


Cashier from Hell


You can only exchange it for th exact same item if you do not have the box. You cannot exchange it something else of equal

value.


ME

That's great, I just need a camera that works. (Seeing this was

the best I was going to get, I just wanted to get a working camera and run.)

So the Cashier from Hell then huffs round the counter, and literally snags a poor benighted staff nerd and tells him to run back and get another Logitech web cam. I sense him resist. The Cashier from Hell's well is decidedly stronger and she prevails. He cannot find the product. I am OK, if this had been a work day lunch break, I would have been getting pissed but as it is I have the time. I turn off my chair to conserve my juice. Finally the Cashier from Hell (CFH) huffs and marches back to isle 18 and find the box. Then she does this really weird thing. She takes the new box, pulls it apart and takes out just the camera part and puts my defe3fctive camera back in its place. I brought all the other parts back with me, the stand cords etc. I thought she put this stuff back but when I got home a couple of hours later and decide to tech the camera, the stand the camera perches on and hangs nightly on the lap top is gone. I know it was in the original bag of parts I brought it. And there is nothing else's which will work to hang it on. This camera works fine it is just not stable. So, now after dinner I have to saddle up and head back out. Why is everything a battle?


Mom update: Mom had the surgery this morning. I heard from my sis this afternoon all went well.


PSS—round two with CompUSA. I dragged my butt into the place tonght after dinner and everything went smooth as silk.

1 comment:

marks_thought said...

Blah, So here's what gets me about this post. Well perhaps not the directly the post and that is these mega corporations. I used to find them ok to do business with and enjoyed browsing through their stuff. But more and more I'm finding that the level of customer service and getting things done leaves much to be desired. Not to long ago I found Target made a Walmart shopper out of me. Plus I'm finding that while I don't necessarily agree with all of Walmart's practices... they not only have treated me ok but I have been surprised at how well some of their practices really work. Though I suppose that you don't get to be number one but poor lousy customer service. I noted how the customer service rep with Target while I was going through my issues with them, really DID NOT like when I compared Target to Walmart and suggested at least Walmart doesn't put up a front to be what I feel Target does and "higher" end store. LoL it makes me laugh that perhaps she got that a lot?
Any how that's interesting Dad that they wouldn't allow and exchange on a product with out the box. What if it had been down the line and the product simply broke. I know people that don't keep boxes namely my wife, and so then one is simply out of luck? Any how rant rave rant rave