Friday, February 11, 2005

Friday Afternoon


Cars disapesring from a Friday afternoon parking lot. Posted by Hello

It’s Friday afternoon and the office is becoming deserted. I am here for the duration. I am very dependable I have always been dependable. I come to work early and many time leave late. It’s not that I am committed or a workaholic I just am. I like my job I guess. I can get to my job by train and there is always another train home so if I am a little late getting out of the office I am OK, no big deal—if I did not have the train I would not feel so generous with my time. My office sits off of the Conference room and the conference room is being used this afternoon for training. I am basically locked in my office till the training is over which is another hour before the next training is started and will run till about 5:00!. I feel isolated from humanity and the world maybe better said, would be insulated. I have my phones but there are few calls Friday afternoon. I think people with disabilities, like all folks with low-income- feel that if they cannot get their needs met by Friday, and for sure Friday afternoon they had best just wait till Monday. This might be different if this Friday was closer to the beginning or the end of the month but this Friday is right in the middle so last minute crises are a low probability. The front desk person just called to inform me she is leaving for the day; going home ill. The calls have been switched back to me. I am now in control of “comm.” traffic for this organization. The clouds are graying there is rain forecast for tonight I hope I can get home before the sky opens up.

No comments: