Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Fam to Fam


Desert on desk Posted by Hello

It’s Family to Family day at the office. Family to Family or Fam to Fam is a program our office sponsors which trains family members of people with disabilities into advocates for their people with disabilities. It’s a good program but the best part is, the office always buys lunch for the group and there is usually leftovers which means staff eats too! Today it was a taco bar. Not, my favorite but I will not turn the taco bar down; I heap up the salad and get a taco and stop there. I did take to desert today to( see image). So, I have to admit the taco bar was ok today. If it had been a potato bar, I would have had to go out somewhere. It was OK.
I had to present at today’s meeting. I have to be careful, because when I start speaking and get rolling I can talk all day so I become hyper vigilant watching people faces to how bored, how amused or upset they are becoming. My direct supervisor was sitting in the crowd and this has an impact on me. I wish I was beyond this but I got by. Everyone smiled, asked some good questions, gave some examples of how good we are and that was that. I had a pile of hand outs to pass out and that took the pressure off me as the audience looks over their brand new pile of resources. The weeks half over. It’s now down hill to the weekend, a holiday weekend

No comments: