Friday, February 04, 2005

Don't You Just Hate It...


The lane on the far S.W. side of the picture where that car is about to turn is where tis event happened. Posted by Hello
Don’t you just hate it when you are going along minding your on business and someone, out of the blue says something rude to you and you are either in a setting which will not allow the appropriate retort or the offending party in and out before you can respond. Well, that exact scenario happened to me this morning on the way into work. The morning was still quite dark as I had just gotten off the train and had crossed the street in my power chair and was heading to my office. Many times I travel down the side of the street, facing traffic usually well off to the side in the bike lane. I travel the street when I can staying off the sidewalks. The cracks and the spaces between the sidewalk squares bounce me round and beat me up so bad it is just worth my time to ride the shoulder of the street. Think about it, city streets are always repaired, cars have to ride on them and John Q is never going to let bad streets affect the smoothness of his travel. So I travel on the street too.

Well, like I said this morning, I as in the dark traveling South on 300 South and I am in the far lane, everyone else is OK with be but someone decides to get in my lane whi8ch is cool, I just motor to the far side of the street, hugging the curb waiting for the impending vehicle to pass. Well, I am sitting there and then vehicle pulls up, the creep in the passenger side lowers the wind and says” You know you are really ignorant ?” The vehicle kept on moving of course and I was two of three seconds down the road before I realize I had even been “dissed”. In the old days this would have really affected my day but thank God, I am 54 and I can let it go and get on with it. But still it would be great to have be able to immediately respond to the insult.

1 comment:

Fickle Friend said...

I think anyone who knows you would feel pretty embaressed to have called you ignorant.