Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Beware the "Click" it "Clicks" for Thee

My Jazzy power chair is beginning to make funny noises again from its transformer box, the box where the joy stick resides. It is beginning to click, you know electrical clicks, annoying clicks that used to not bother me but now do. The last time this happened the wheelchair started to engage itself in gear and try to power itself. Well, I got this fixed fast, actually when I took the chair into Magic Rest the Tech visibly palled as he watched the chair click and try to engage itself. The fix cost me a 100 bucks AND THAT IS CAUSE I PLEADED POVERTY and pathetically whined. They found some loophole that reflected my chair just being under warranty enough to cover most of the programmer box charge…it would cost over $1000.00. Perspective makes everything feel better. I live in constant fear of the chair engaging at the exact wrong time: sitting on my van lift in the up position, or even worse, engaging as the Trax trains roars past making one of those stupid obituaries every wonders about “ Murray man drives power chair into on coming train”. So, I guess it’s time to make the appointment and see what my insurance will do for a new Jazzy. But, I will take this old chair in and have it looked at to make sure it’s still reasonably safe.

Construction between my office and my train station--this is showing yesterday's snow... Posted by Hello
The sun is out today---yesterday’s snow will go fast.

No comments: