Saturday, February 26, 2005

Saturday night

Saturday night



Broken Lift Posted by HelloI need to hustle if I want to get something posted to day. I took off about noon to go see about getting another memory card for the camera. I figured Office Max might be a good place. I heard a rumor that Office Max(OM) had zip drives on sale and every once in a while OM has some pretty good buys. I got the router at OM and the router has served me well. I would be close o ShopKo and that too would be worth seeing what they had in the line of memory cards. OM was a wash they had nothing I needed but i was surprised when in ShopKo they in fact had 64 MB memory cars and and a knowledgeable guy who really gave me some insights and re sured me I would be OK. So with memory card in had I went back home. When I go home I deployed the lift with out issue and when I started down the lift gate I was on started listing, frightening so. I stooped the gate and found, I could no longer lift the gate up and each time started lowering the gate it made ugly sounds and listed more. I was stranded half way up and half way down, a cruel joke for sure. I did not have a jacket on just my long leave but I was getting chilly. I sat there for some time hoping someone would drive or walk by I could snag for some help...no one came by. I finally, in desperation called my brother Carl, in hopes that he would be home and come and save my sorry but one more time. Carl has really been great saving me over the years. Luckily I had my backpack with me and I had the cell in the pocket. I made the call and caught him just leaving the house for one of his grand kids basketball games. He dropped by.


The first task was getting me and my power chair off the lift gate, what Carl was able to do get a big piece of plywood and we were able to lower the gate just enough to actuate the security lift on the end of the lift which prevents me from rolling off. This made for a steep but doable ramp. Carl got me off and zoomed to the basketball game. He came back about an hour later and we were able to get the lift folded up so we were able to shut the doors of the van. Now I will have to get the van to Paraquad sometime soon to get the stupid thing fixed. It just never stops. I should be in a hurry but I am not. I can drive my power chair back and forth to trax and get back and forth to work. I will have to get the van repaired ans I guess the sooner the better.

No comments: