Friday, August 04, 2006

Keep Your Clothes On




It's Friday, it's August and means that means I must be home or anywhere but at the office. This friday is the first of my Fridays. Four three day weekends and I feel fine. I used to have every weekend a three day weekend and sometimes four days. I used to be able to work four ten hour days. When the management changed at my office five years ago they rescinded my four tens. Well, I just found out that management has changed again and I am going to start pressing the four tens again.

Four tens is easy—I start my work day at 7:00 a.m. And work till 5:30 pm. Easy, The last half hour is nothing just getting ready to go takes that much time and I am usually in the office by 7:00 a.m. Anyway. If I can get away with it—doing the 10's I will take off Fridays and stretch the weekend. Ill keep you all posted.


I did the shopping this morning. Dianne wanted stuff from the healthy place Wild Oats. I love going to the Oates because I freak them out there. They are all so beautiful young and healthy...yups and rich folk. I think I bring too much mortality in view for them. They could be me after one wild weekend of skiing, motorcycle riding of diving and I am the lucky one. It could be a whole lot worse.So I am in there looking at the corn on the cob and pure cranberry juice. The cute little pencil chicks keep sneaking peeks at my feet. It';s the weekend and I never wear shoes on the weekend if I can possibly help it. Crip feet, I think, are the worse for them. You can look almost normal sitting in a wheelchair especially a power chair. But bare feet bare disabled feet you just dress them up. Though I have seen some nice para feet but usually a lifetime of crip feet are hard to beat. So, I figure, what the hell, I am going to take a couple of flicks of the feet so I whip out the camera and start start snapping away. Nothing else at first, I made sure not to get anyone else in the view finder, just my feet. It took a couple of tries to get the image I wanted. I even considered asking some customers to take a couple of shots of me shopping but decided that might be too much...and I was right. Alittle late I was stopped by , what I guess was a storemanger. I was done with the camera by then; I was back to shopping. So the camera was gone and I was just shopping. He asked he had been told by a couple of customers I had been taking pictures n the store. I truthfully replied that I had that I had. Then he said I was not allowed to do that. No pictures in the store. I have to admit that I got a little nervous I had visions of him demanding my camera and demanding I surrender my image card or force me to erase the images right there and then. Thankfully, the manager did not and I hustled up to checkout and paid for my stuff and I was gone. Whew! That was a close one. Dianne said sh thought is was probably some sort of corporate thing and the management would done that to anyone snapping pics. I like to think the were after me. Hey everyone have a great weekend and keep your clothes on.

No comments: