Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Zig and Rudi Time

Dianne and I drove the van into the City this morning. Coming in with Dianne was fun, just like old times. When Dianne was working in the building behind my office. Today however Dianne was coming in for a huge motivational seminar. Zig Ziglar and Rudi Gulani are speaking. I did not pay much attention to the whole event. The advertisement for the event has been pasted on the fridge for the past two months. I mean the Zig and Rudi show. The event is being held at the Salt Palace just down the street from my office. Really that is why we came in on the van so we could use the parking lot at my office. The e vent is supposed to last all day and so she will come by the office when the seminar is over and we’ll go home. I took my lunch late since my partner had to be at a meeting away from the office all morning. I figured what the heck, I’ll motor down to the Palace and see if I can find Dianne and have some lunch. I got to the Salt Palace about 12:35 and literally, thousands of people were streaming out of the great round building. I could not believe that many people went to this event. I think more people were to this event then at the regular NBA games. There were cops everywhere and at each corner of the block all looking furtively and speaking to the shoulders. I decided to roll against the flow I hopes that Dianne would see me…I have given hope of finding her in this mass of motivated humanity. I rolled completely round the building ‘s mezzanine level. People everywhere. I even rolled into the bowel or the arena and there was a huge group just staying in their seats—not even trying to leave. So, then I realized I needed to stop looking and if I found her it was meant to be and if not it was an exciting event to be at. I eventually settled into the shortest line I could find and got a jumbo dog , probably not the best choice but sure good and worth the wait but not the weight. I am just too funny or punny.

Dianne’s cell phone has stopped working and Dianne asked if she could use my cell phone. No problem. So since she had my phone I thought I might be able to call and sent up a meeting place. But Di must have had the phone turned off. I called twice and got my voice mail. The hour grew late and I headed back to the office, jumbo dog in hand.

The American Legion is having their national meeting in town this week. There’s old fart and fartess’, everywhere downtown. Soldiers just fading away, lots of WWII’ers still but I cannot see many Viet Namers which does not really surprise me much. The Bushmiester is due to be in town on Thursday and maybe even tomorrow. I might go down to take part in some protests—this might be fun. Dianne is concerned that Chenney will order the troops to start popping off folks…just like Kent State. I was even noticing lots of suites and dark sunglasses all round the palace . I am sure their advance teams for the Prez’s visit.

No comments: