Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Tuesday's travels

I went into the city today it was my usual weekly assist meeting. Luckily it was this cold as it has been but I found my red jacket which really is somewhat hammered but it works for me even though it makes me look like a hobo. Anyway, got to the meeting no issues after a little bit of talking and stuff we got to business got out of there by 12:00 it was the usual stuff nothing crucial. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do following the meeting. I kind of thought I wanted to get something to eat but at the same time I also thought I should book it over the hill and get to rehab and see if they can fix my chair a little bit. I tried this new Mexican place downtown, I assume it's Mexican they have Mexican food there I went there primarily because one of the people at my assist group indicated they had ground beef tacos. It's so hard to find ground beef tacos downtown everybody wants to be authentic so it's all pulled meat beef or pork or chicken or whatever pisses me off. I got there and it was very Mexican indeed I could barely understand the menu and even then I had to have help with trying to figure out what was there and in the end I didn't get really what I wanted but I was tired of trying to figure out stuff. I want to just rice and beans and a meat burritos some sort that's what I got but it got all wrapped up into one giant tortilla. It was a challenge trying to eat that thing ended up basically getting the plate and eviscerating the top of the tortilla or burrito and then just sort of eating the insides out and it works pretty good but I certainly made a mess. And I couldn't believe how many people helped me in trying to get squared away. This power chair is just still not my friend as much as I'd like it to be. My feet were just not working out staying on my foot plate today and so I had to keep pushing my foot up or asking people to put my foot on the plate it was frustrating. The Mexican experience was expensive- - but what do you expect it's downtown they're going to screw everybody especially if the suit crowd comes in for lunch. I will probably try it again but I don't know how soon.


The train home was without incident as was the best trip over to the graveyard. There was an incident which was kind of strange but I don't think it's worth getting into here anyway. If I can't get the 500 Words maybe I will but it's doubtful. I did bite the bullet and cross the street and go over to the market and picked up a few items but I felt that I needed specially for making my concoction for my morning drink cucumber, tomatoes and I got a couple more cans of jalapeno peppers sliced I'm set for the rest of the week that's for sure. Then it was home and it was time for me to work out. Later on in the evening I finished the rest of the letters envelope stamps and cash. They are all stacked on my table ready to go in tomorrow's mail the first of November unbelievable 

No comments: