Monday, January 16, 2023

A Holiday And New Friend


It's a holiday today, Martin Luther King Day is its formal name I guess or am MLK day. This is one of the new holidays once, hard get used to and kind of hard to get behind except for the fact that it's national holiday and when I was working now the day off. Now that I'm not working that means another day that the mail is not delivered and most bureaucratic offices are closed government offices city state and federal etc. even the regular folks who host radio shows even NPR have regular folks who fill in for the main host national holidays.and I must confess rarely do I celebrate a holiday for the reason that was established whether it's Veterans Day, Memorial Day or MLK day is just a holiday to me I'm not going to mope around what or who the holidays about. I'm not the only one, I noticed now there's always PSA indicating that state troopers will be out in force enforcing safety on the highways because of so many drunk drivers.I mean really I look forward holidays is a great excuse to buy Clover club potato chips. And I don't even like Clover club products anymore since the changed owners and formula/recipe.


I guess the high point of my day was making contact with one of the individuals who publish on aReddit account I've been following for a couple of days now. She's a person with a disability is really challenging herself by becoming public . I am terribly impressed with her even more so that she has chosen to visit with me by texting. She is a person who was born with a disabilityas opposed to me inheriting the disability as I did early in my adolescent years. I had a significant amount of time as able-bodied person which I totally feel colors my perception of the world disability. I feel she being a woman with a disability in an able-bodied world must be super challenging, especially growing up with such a challenge.t I really would like to visit with her regarding her life as a person with a disability. I have a number of individuals with disabilities that I visit/text with on a semi regular basis. Enjoy listening to their accounts disability from their perspective. Sometimes I like to delude myself that I've gathered research some sort of scholarly document but actually I think I'm just trying to socialize the best that I can. This person lives in the South USA I doubt I will ever meet herfor real in my flesh. But you never know .


The day began a bit frustrating when I realized my battery charger for my power chair was not plugged in correctly. My chair acted like it was being charged. I always give full because the when I plug the charger into my chair I think my chair senses of mentalon the plug on completion circuit shows that I'm trying to go my control box. I was able to see the charger last night because of the way I have the chair backed up next to the bed. There is a light on the charger box which illuminates when plugged in correctly turning from orange to green when the charge Is complete. I was terrified/frustrated when I got in my chair and found that it was almost on “0” power. I got up 2 hours roughly before myhomehealth person arrives and I thought I could be in serious trouble. Luckily I have the power to plug in the power charger plugged in my chair and sit there for about 45 minutes until I got charged enough to mess around the apartment they get ready for my visit. Tonight I will make sure plugged in and all it's around because you never know what tomorrow will bring…




No comments: