Sunday, January 01, 2023

Snowbound





As the current reader knows For the past year or maybe 9 months myself, something granddaughter and boyfriend granddaughter, going to breakfast every Sunday morning usually early. The great time to see each other catch up on the week. We drink coffee and talk and then enjoy the breakfast and go on our ways usually by 9:30 AM. A little concerned about this week one being that it's New Year's eve night before Sunday. Last week we have to breakfast on Saturday, Christmas Eve, because our restaurant is closed on Christmas about this week. Mark Anthony had a gig last night. DJ major event in the community. I knew Mark would be tired. Then in the middle of the week local weather guys started testing snowstorms beginning New Year's Eve. A really didn't pay that much attention but it was a little worrisome. I contacted by some earlier in the evening to see if you want to abort my breakfast this week. I went to bed early never got a response to my Text. I did check my texts when I 1st woke this morning at 6 AM when sure about you responded that he was up for breakfast.


I must confess I was more than a little shocked when I looked at the window and saw that actually it looked as if the snow had fallen all the night. There was not a major blizzard going on, just a steady fall of snow. I was just looking at my window and did not really didn't appreciation for the snow until I headed out the door. Before that both my son and granddaughter called indicating that want to move the meantime 90 minutes later which is okay by me. I was totally surprised and shocked to see how much those back my apartment complex which I go through to get to the main sidewalk. I should do pretty well in fresh snow. My power chair is the vehicle especially with me inside that I have no problem on breaking about the fresh snow was only afterwards that they did so slippery I don't know where. I got all the way to the intersection were across the street to get the site that the restaurant is on that I realized I was just too deep to go any further. In fact my box on my chair acted like a dozer And push the snow could no longer go further and backtracked to the apartment and called the kids let them know I could make it. They volunteered to assist me on getting to the restaurant. But if I got back to the apartment market it was there and we started out waiting for the restaurant. My son got a handy dandy hand shovel and proceeded to assist in pushing me to until we could go no further than digging out then proceed further all of the way to the restaurant. Last night I didn't charge the batteries on my power chair thinking I would just sit opposite back from the restaurant. Needless to say even have a 87 % power the poor chair pushing through snow, with heavy snow, consumed its energy supply completely. Well actually we had enough to get back the apartment eventually.


The snowplows up and running constantly throwing snow on the sidewalk dozing giant piles of snow in the curb of the cuts all the intersections. I doubt I'll be able to get to the bus stop on Tuesday if I have my regular meeting. It's going take a while to clear the sidewalks. Fortunately I didn't the market yesterday I'm set to the apartment bound now for however long it takes…

No comments: