Saturday, January 21, 2023

The Human Clock

 


I've been up since 4 AM so bear with me if I sound a little groggy or foggy. I'm not sure but I think I was be in worried by commitment I made earlier in the week when the service coordinator here at the apartment complex cornered me and asked that I write her support letter in hopes of her getting a raise in her position. I always worry about the way I come across my writing especially on things like this, writing of the support letter, but I told her I would do the task. Earlier in the year I had told her that I be happy to do anything I could to support her in her position particularly after she helped me get a new birth certificate which I needed to Social Security card – – the committed reader will remember that my wallet was taken last year at the movies and I had to replace all the documents I lost. Will service coordinator, I thought we really went out of her way and got me the birth certificate and the Social Security card. So I figure I older one, at least one favor. I neglected to get the deadline from her when I accepted the responsibility. So this morning I guess subconsciously I was feeling a bit guilty to had not started the project yet been learned only realized that I wasn't going to get back to sleep my had to be up addressed by 9:30 AM to do coffee I figured it was time to start. I of course keep my cell phone next to my bed because will I have the phone plugged in to charge the time is also shown in large letters on the screen and I use it as my overnight illuminated clock. So anyway I grabbed the phone started dictating. I had a idea of what is going to say. I just had the flesh about. These kind documents don't have to be world-class at least I don't think so. I figure will be happy just to get a signed document attesting to their brilliance and positive work ethic. Still I did not want to some foolish or stupid. By midafternoon I pretty much had the document written and now have it set aside and “curing” in my own mind. I will go over it one more time to clean it up printout copy for examination by the service coordinator and if acceptable will send out to the appropriate individual.


By the time I finish that project at least the 1st part it was about 7 AM and I drove myself out of bed to get ready for coffee at the coffee shop. Today it would just be it Upstairs Janet. Our 3rd person Billie is still feeling under the weather. We established 9:30 AM to be the meeting time over at the coffee shop across the street. I arrived 1st staked out a table over in the corner by the giant stacks of bags of coffee beans. 9:30 AM on a Saturday morning the place of jumping. I'm surprised at how many people show up every Saturday morning address the same people. I'm so impressed there is a table down the center of the seating area and every Saturday morning there is between 15 and 20 people around that table. They look and act like they've known each other for years. The motley looking crew older folks some may be as old as I am possibly. Many have their own dogs at their sides standing arresting under the table all the beasts seems relatively good-natured. They talk and they laugh and move around a lot showing who knows what on their cell phones to everybody. I'm not sure when these people get here but what we've noticed really fascinating is that there seems to be a hidden clock somewhere inside these guys that by 10:30 AM everybody's gone. Today we watch closely in the disbandment started about 10:15 AM with one or 2 people standing saying goodbye and walking out of the building than the group from larger clumps of people did the same thing and from 10 minutes everyone was gone. I will never heard some folks saying to be working in the yards are in there houses. Some will go to a movie some needed use shopping so neither do washing just human stuff but coffee was over with for another week just kind of interesting the human clock…



No comments: