Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Winter Wednesday

 


I have to admit I was a little impressed with myself on myself dressed up in the outside world, and during the cold winter and check on the back gate tomorrow stop. Somewhere between the phone call I made to Utah transit Authority yesterday in and this morning the snow had indeed been removed from the bus stop a good stretch of sidewalk itself a good shoveled free! I noted with some sadness or frustration that the sidewalk on the other side of the gate which borders the park still remained encrusted and frozen dirty snow. I suppose now I need to call taylorsville city office to see what they can do that level. Interestingly I noted on tonight's news to stories of people in power wheelchairs Who were forced into the streets to travel with traffic because of sidewalks and curbs-cuts being totally engulfed in the frozen water of winter. Incorrectly, the local news media personality reported that all cities now were on board and enforcing the snow removal laws but I doubt that's true at all. I'm going to keep my eye out and see if anything happens when my trip to Salt Lake next Tuesday. We're supposed to have a small storm brushed past Salt Lake city over the weekend maybe one or 2 inches at the most.


I remember there was a time especially when pushing my chair I would spend a great deal of time the city streets because I cannot navigate sidewalks this was way back in the middle 80s of the last century. I always managed to get where I was headed. Seem like often finance would be nearly frozen if I had forgotten my gloves. Steel rims on the wheels of my manual chair totally conducted a cold but I got from point a to point B in many a times traveling in the street and realizing the only access I could get to the buildings often going through parking areas since they always kept that free of snow. When that's not turned a water that was a different issue entirely. So in that regard, I was not nearly courageous today as I have been in my youth but I decided that I would venture out to the market get celery. This morning I chopped up the last sprigs of the last stock celery I got a week or so ago for my morning beverage.


So the sidewalk as I mentioned earlier had been shoveled over there patches sidewalk that nothing had been done. The snow had been defiled by pedestrians leaving a rugged, jagged mess of frozen water. There's one section of the trip I actually did look both ways than venture into the street far enough to miss the ice/snow pack on the sidewalk. I made it there and back again with no problems or issues that something to be thankful for on a Wednesday afternoon.


I continue to blast through seasons of Ali McBeal. Two thirds of the way through the 4th season leaving only once you select. I feel somewhat rewarded in that for some reason I stopped watching the series and all of these later seasons are fresh to me totally enlightening this cold cold season early winter…

No comments: