Friday, January 27, 2023

Taking Care Of Business and Having TV Time

 


Finally, I can actually state that I'm beginning to feel my old self. I have enough confidence down I got I should leave the apartment do something productive light shopping or something not have an issue or problem. Trouble is, I haven't plugged my chair in for 2 nights just because the battery meter has read 97% and 90% the next night but I found when I do that: rely on the meter, which are uses up way too much juice if I do any long-distance running/rolling then I am at risk of not getting back. So the day the dark and menacing to begin with so I spent another day inside watching movies and pretending to be productive.


One thing you can do to justify what you really want to do i.e. Watch movies all day long is to have something productive, or seemingly productive to do while watching the screen. I would like to think that this was my own concept that I thought all by myself but really that's not the case I learn this behavior for my mother plain and clear. In the past I've mentioned that we had/she had this giant Ironrite roller iron – – I don't know what else to call it. The Ironrite was this device that actually have a roller which pressed against the hot steel, smooth surface that you would feed your wrinkled clothes through and it would iron the garments just like a professional cleaners. I have no idea how my mother got her hands on this device. I'm sure is quite a sale item back in the 50s part of a whole new era thing. And I'm sure it was not part of giant plan to covertly iron clothes and watch television at the same time. Do I mention are rather do you remember me talking about 5 or 6 kids home one time all need to have clothes washed and at least their Sunday clothes ironed and ready to go? Will I think this is my mother justification if in fact she ever needed one to invest in this incredible device. I think even I have an image of this device somewhere back in past posts. So, mom would wash the clothes in some cases actually put them in plastic bags and then in the freezer and pull him out and defrost them and then iron at all seem to work. I remember this most on Tuesday nights when we would come home from a weekly church meeting a.k.a. scouts there were be mom sitting there pressing close and she was pressing close when we left which is like 3 hour television shows.I think what she got into this mood she would iron for the next 3 nights or just leave the iron are out and start again on Thursday to finish up on Saturday so would be set for Sunday. I didn't think much of it then but now as I wash clothes every week for just one person I can even imagine the trauma and stress it would be to wash and iron for 6. But even more so I can now appreciate entirely The subterfuge it takes to look like you're working and watching your favorite video regardless of what it is and then be able to justify it if so challenged

No comments: