Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Aiding Home Health

 


Gloria is my Wednesday Friday home health person. She's pretty fantastic as an attendant aide goes. She goes beyond the job are times sweeping my apartment, doing dishes and other odds and ends. I guessfrom what I've learned from other individuals who use home health folks, that the agency expects these attendants to provide the services. The reason I bring this up is because often I slipped G a few extra dollars to assist her with getting by with her life. She totally on her own working multiple jobs trying to keep an apartment as well as the vehicle operational. I am totally blown away with what she has to do to survive some extra 10 bucks for 3 gallons gas or a couple packs smokes or bottle of vodka to get her through the weekend no big deal – – she certainly deserves it. Especially this morning I had her patch of my but with this special “tattoo tape” specialized tape which allows the skin to breathe while the wound heals beneath. I also found that is ideal as a 2nd skin– – I think I've written about this before anyway. Taking care of my rear end way above the usual duties of ahome health person . She does a great job keeps me going. It's worth of extra tip every once in a while.


As much as I love Gloria cannot grow too attached because for any reason bigger small this person could vanish from my life. In fact, she is making noises now that sort of heads up that I should be wary of things to come. Granted, the girl goes through this every couple of months it seems but I think just time I might be a little more focused. As she says, the job is hard and many times the workers taken for granted by their clients as well as their employer. Fortunately, considered one of her favorite clients, one that she will go out her wayto make sure I'm served. Even on days when she cancels everybody else out Gloria makes sure I have taken care of. I do not believe I deserve the specialized treatment but I do believe in treating my people special. I guess it all works out.


This morning Gloria spruced up my kitchen little bit. Wwashed the countertopsin the items in the sink and straighten the items on my table. It's enough to give my apartment the illusion of order. So much so I cannot bring myself to mess up the kitchen. I try to prepare something that takes as little preparation as possible. Tonight I dug out one of those noodle dinners that you just add water and microwave 5 minutes. Tonight's dinner with some form of chow mein. It's not like real Chinese but I like it gets me through the night with be belief that I have something for dinner and hardly any entropy to the kitchen. I work really hard I can keep the place looked decent even till Friday. After all it is the weekend everyone needs a little extra money for just a little bit of cleaning…

No comments: