Saturday, January 07, 2023

Glass House Journey

 


I guess if there is such a thing as a free spring day today when the been it. I'm not so silly as to believe the winter is over – – this winter is not over by a long shot – – but the temperatures were up in the 40s today causing a great deal of of the snow and ice to just melt away. I met with a couple of my neighbors here at the apartment complex over at the coffee shop this morning. We're trying to make this a weekly event. That's when I realized today was going to be special. I took a blanket from for my legs but as soon as I was out the door I realize there is no need.


Although coffee group was great this morning we basically just sit drink coffee remark about various gossips and things going on at the apartment complex and enjoy the atmosphere of a bunch of people drinking coffee at this little joint. The group is pretty diverse there are many more conservatives that I like to drink coffee with but perhaps is not a bad thing. So far 3 of us have not gotten tangled in any political discussions particularly regarding Congress/speaker of the house/ex-president Trump. I am holding my breath and crossing my fingers That we do not descended quagmire. I went to believe I see a lot of liberals of the coffee shop is also a large group of what seems to be hard-core conservatives. I think there's enough weather there To generate a fairly unique tornado should the right conditions prevail. We generally stick to ourselves Enjoying our coffee and benign gossip. It's kind of funny but the specific time it seems not on the clock but by some timepiece internal everybody 1030 – or 11 AM roughly the long conservative table empties. For some reason our clocks also dictate that we are done. We pack everything up Discussing what we are going to do for the rest of the day as well. The day is so incredibly inviting I mumble something about doing a bus adventure.


I've been threatening to get the liquor store since before Christmas. I would like to have Sobotka over the Christmas holiday that didn't happen primarily because of the storms. The other good reason was they closed by regular Glasshouse just down the street. I learned there is a new State liquor dispensary supposedly around the corner actually a number of blocks West and North the apartment complex. I figured today was a great day for exploration. I wish I'd taken the time to charge my chair last night. I hardly went anywhere yesterday and my gauge indicated 100% charge but I knew that was not the case. I figured I would see where it went and I went. I made everyone my bus connections without having to wait around there that was a good sign. I thought would destroy relatively easy 3 blocks from last busstop.


I've always found a liquor store somewhat magical. So many genies and magical moments in these containers of glass. This particular liquor store is also a wine store that makes it very pretty. I wandered around looking at everything but decided it was time to go so I grabbed the bottle of Absolut which was pretty expensive than a couple of small bottles of Margarita realizing I need to get quickly because the battery indicator was beginning to show that I could be in trouble. Arctic Circle on the way. I stopped at grabbed a quick burger and onion rings. My charge indicator was right at 55% which you think would be adequate of experiences taught me that once it gets that 50% juice goes down quickly. Needless to say admitted. With my indicator unit exactly 50% by the time I caught the other bus I was writing at 49%! But I made it home my indicator still reads 49% I'll charge all night. Tomorrow is breakfast with the kids and I think my granddaughter and are going to the movies could be a good weekend!

No comments: