Thursday, January 19, 2023

Just Stuff

 


Somewhere in this apartment is my credit card. I know it's not somewhere obvious in fact I have this shadow memory of the card falling off something and thinking immediately that I will have a hard time getting to that and then went on my way. Since then of course, I have forgotten completely right saw that happen. The best part, if there can be a best part, is that the card is not lost. Well, it is lost but I don't somewhere here in the apartment. That of course is a double-edged sword. The one edge is that I'm certainly not running up any charges on the card except for those reoccurring charges that I have the card set up to do but at the same time I can't order anything that I had to submit the credit card number to. I was hoping I could find the credit card number somewhere but I don't think I've written about anywhere and is not saved on any of my platforms like see except for the last 4 digits. Yes I know I could easily get a new card sent out to me but then that would mean I would have to counsel all those entities that have the old credit card on file that they dip into each month charge when it's time to make a payment. I should just bite the bullet and do it but I'm really hoping that somehow going to find the other card and everything will be as it was.


I was trying to purchase something on the Internet today and when I went to purchase the item revealed an older credit card that I thought was still active. Of course I was immediately shot back the message that something was wrong with my account and I needed to contact my bank – – which I did not do trying to fix the problem myself. I mean I know with the banks to say “just issue a new card” that's not what I want. Fortunately the item that I want to purchase is not a high priority and can wait and probably I don't need the item but all it would just be nice.I suppose it's good that the credit card industry/banking industry has all these protections built into the credit card security program but just, dries you crazy, as a person who has no responsibility whatsoever as far as trying to keep old things, trying to keep hold of something like a credit card within little piece of plastic that can ruin your life in its own way in its own time. I guess I could purchase things with my bank card but then the funds drain directly out of my bank account. I do like the illusion of the cushion my credit card renders. I mean I know I have to pay the amount off eventually like to do in smaller increments and not have to really whittle down the mother load in the bank account any sooner than I have to. I have a huge amount of credit available and very little of it I have used mainly because I tend to pay down my card every month. So maybe it's time to be adult and contact my banking system and on shutdown the credit card so I can purchase/charge more stuff…


No comments: