Sunday, January 08, 2023

Popcorn Please

 



I can't remember how it started sometime during breakfast couple weeks ago, our Sunday morning breakfast, a granddaughter asked if I want to go to the movies with them to see the 2nd movie in the Avatar series. Actually, I was not on the 1st will be it took a great deal of willpower to sit through that one. However, it seemed important to my granddaughter that I watched the movie there would be a good experience to do something with the family. Besides, you know adolescents they talk a lot but often forget what they said. Not so my granddaughter. She called me on Friday and we started planning. Planning operation like this can be complicated. After all I don't have personal transportation relying only on the bus. We would have to meet at the regal theater couple blocks from my apartment.


I had not heard from my son Mark Anthony all week (we later found out that you take an to visit his sister and brother. I contacted him or try to last night to see if were going to breakfast this morning. In the interim my granddaughter texted me that we should do that 12 PM showing. She also suggested that instead of breakfast we meet at the movies. This is fine with me. Not that I would sleep in but certainly give me the option of not having to get up immediately after waking – through getting ready.


There was kind of nice to have a Sunday morning to just mess around. I made coffee and my morning drink and I made my morning cocktail. I noted more peppers than usual into the my morning drink give me a few more items to burn since I was not going to have regular breakfast that it necessarily want to fast until I got to the movies. I did end up making some rye toast and having a yogurtto hold me over. I even slept part of the kitchen floor as well as the bedroom since I didn't know I be coming over. Actually I forgot to mention the main reason we're kind of getting together so that Jasmine and Jackson were coming over to take down my Christmas. As things go we were late starting. But the kids came in about 45 minutes they swept the floors and even mopped them as well put away the wreath on the front door and Christmas tree. Jasmine even took off the ornaments off the tree. Everything is boxed are the stack placed carefully in the apartments ready for next Christmas.


The bus was a couple minutes late. I was still at the moviehouse my 12 PM I met up with the kids. If you remember I have that movie pass but since the movie was at a special theater in the theater for “surround viewing” somehow they not only project the movie in front of you but also on the sides of the wall or the front of the screen. The total price of all tickets waiting the kids ended up paying $56. I had to pay some on my “free” because the movie was being shown in the “special theater” plus we also got 2 tubs of popcornpackage of red vines and the Coke. The event must've come close to hundred bucks. I didn't pay anything except for $4.50 for my upgrade.


The movie was okay I only went to sleep once before Mark Anthony shook me awake. Totally enjoyed the timeout with the kids. They really do take care of their grandpa…

No comments: