Thursday, June 22, 2006

Impending Doom

So instead of leaving for Boise today as I would have liked we are sitting home going through black plastic bags of “winter” clothes trying to figure out which to keep and which to throw out We are over ridden with stuff! Mostly clothes but we have lots of other junk too. We just hold on and hold on and hold on. We did pretty good we have three plastic bags, maybe more sitting by the front door to be taken out to the van. Dianne is jubilant saying we have gotten rid of said bags as they sit by the door. Me, I will not count said bags until I have driven up to Good Will or Deseret Industries ans have their little non English speaking, indentured servant open the back doors and throw said plastic bags out of the van and on to the heap of recyclables.

I have called the motel twice to be sure that the motel has us listed as checking in tomorrow. The plan now is to rise about three a.m. Douche off and head North, and hopefully 355 miles and minutes later we will be in Meridian. The frontdesk person we contacted this morning at the Motel 6, sounded harried and asked that we call back—said she was checking in the entire soccer team. Dianne was red to crawl down the clerk's throat over the phone, but I was ever compliant and broke the connection. Dianne had the great idea to call the only other Motel 6 in the are and if we were not registered there we for sure at the other facility. We did and we were.


I wish I were not so encompassed with feeling of doom regarding this trip. /don't freak just yet. I always experience such feelings as my family functions. No specific reason except I lived with them most of my life. You see that's not fair because I always leave these events nostalgic, excited and happy that I took part. People for the most part behave themselves, granted early on in the experience the family breaks up int o camps. 10 kids and their respective extended family groups what do you expect, I call it clanning behavior. And because we see each other so little the Primaries have to get to know each other over again at ever meeting. Cell phone plans help a lot nowadays for those of us who user cell phones and have Million Minute Plans. But, I have the “dreads” just the same. So, I am going to be just fine. I have had the van serviced and the vehicle checks out. I have double checked the motel and we are OK there. I have paid my plastic down to “0” so we should be covered. We well be traveling in the early, early morning there should be no one else on the road. I am even taking an electrical kit: wire cutters, ends, fuses,electrical tape incase anything happens to my wheelchair lift...I'll force brother Carl to save me he is great that way. Carl is always saving my butt. I guess I am set. I may or may not bring the laptop. I don't know if I will post till I get back—so you may not here from me again till Monday have a great weekend.

No comments: