Thursday, June 08, 2006

What's the Etiquette ?

Hey, where did all the bloggers go? I follow three or four blogs every day—I have gotten used to them. When I first started reading blogs these bloggers seemed to be updated every day-day in and day out. All of the sudden, however, all these writers have taken a holiday. The one writer theUnderWeardrawer is written by a young doc, who had a child about a year ago. So, she is busy I understand that and I can accept that she has a busy life I guess I am just kind of going through a little withdrawal. There was another long time blogger who has decided that she has had enough and has signed off…for now and yet another steady writer’s whole page went down and nothing else has been written.

I have been blogging now maybe two years and the only time I have skipped a couple of days was when I was traveling and did not have access to the INTERNET. I do appreciate the one blogger who indicated that she was taking a break…at least I knew what she was doing and did not worry about what had happened to her.

Family blogs are different—there if you read something shocking or questionable then you can jump on the horn and corner the writer to find out exactly what they meant. My Shellie for instance write a couple of posts a week or a post every couple of weeks either way I love it when she does write. Same with the boys I love it when they write something but I also know where they live and have their numbers and can “strike” should I need to. Interestingly enough I was called by my little brother last night about something I posted on the family blog back on Sunday. I had called my mom, the usual Sunday night call. Bare in mind to those who don’t know my mom is like 95 years old living with my Aunt and Uncle living in quasi rural Utah. Anyway when I called her she sounded bad, mom sounded like she was about to die. I thought it was her time. So, when I was updating my page on the family blog I mentioned that family members who had anything nto say to mom better do it soon or loose the opportunity. I sort of wondered about this when I posed the message but I still feel strongly that the bro and sis who care need to be calling here. Well, the following Monday she went to her doc and he really helped her. And when my brother called mom she was sounding much better. I could tell though, my brother may have thought I was being a little too light minded about this whole thing.

So I wandered a little bit…I just wonder about blogs who end abruptly. Is there a protocol to ending your blog so we owe anything to our readers? I mean I have 8 readers and most of those I have phone numbers for and I would not abruptly end the exercise with out some kind of explanation.

2 comments:

riptideselkie said...

I didn't know we had a family blog. How do I find that?

Meadowlark's Mind said...

Sorry-I should have let you know earlier...anyway here it ishttp://groups.msn.com/BOISESMITHFAMILY/pictures