Saturday, September 02, 2006

Camera Time

Just got back from CompUSA. I did it. I finally purchased another digital camera. My old camera died this afternoon. I have been looking for a long time and waiting for a good excuse. Today the on and off mechanism finally failed giving me the justification needed to move on. So get ready every one to get boored with even more images from my life. I got Nikon Cool Pix L3, 5.00 megapixel. $179.00 but well over $200.00 when you add on the sd card and the tax and the fix up deal. You know that rider they always try to “up-sale” with when ever you purchase anything these days. Dianne has taught me lot bout these warranty add ons. I used to never purchase them and usually I would get by but a couple of times I have gotten burned. Dianne almost always buys the extended package and couple of times when she h issues with the product she just took the item back and they just gave new one right off the shelf.

At this point I have got the box out of the backpack on the back of my power chair. I opened the box and got immediately confused. So I scrapped the directions open the batteries and pushed the batteries into the camera set the time an set the camera aside. I have a SD card from my old camera-well the SD work on the new one or well I have to use the 512 card I purchased with the camera. I already have a reader so do I need to load all the new software onto my systems? I will just have to see. Now my dad and other folks I know actually read the directions before they operate the item...I have never have had that kind of patience. I am so glad products today have a certain amount of intuition built into their operations. Sort of like computers. I cannot believe have many mistakes my computer over looks when ever I work on the system.

It's a holiday! Auni is spending the night and Auni and Grandma made some bread figures. Of course, I wanted a picture but the camera is broke. I did get a couple of images with my cell phone but now I have to figure out how to down load the images to my system. I'll have to call Mark and he can work me through th process. Mark has done this before with me so I know it can be done.

Tonight we were watching Shrek and Ice Age. Dianne made cherry jello and we are having a great time. Dianne just turned in—she is really tired out., So. It Auni and I asre going to settle down to watch Madagascar. Not as good as Ice Age but it will do till she conks out.

Tomorrow I will give the new camera a real work out play with all the features even the “motion Picture” with sound—maybe I'll even read the manual.

No comments: