Monday, September 25, 2006

My Sister Reads This Blog

My sister reads my blog. I do not know why but this fact sort of shocked me .So, instead of six readers now I have seven( maybe). I care who reads this blog. I am always pleased when I find that anyone is reading my ramblings. However, with my older sister reading the discourse I suddenly feel a bit intimidated. I shouldn’t, nothing has changed but some how the exercise has. I write these things and send them out and rarely do I get any feed back and I am not looking for feed back. If I were I doubt I would ever get anything written.

The five or six who read are mostly family members my kids and few friends. I do not advertise that I write really. Sometimes I’ll let someone know if it is a person who wants to keep up with my life. I just never realized or thought about how once the kids (nieces or nephews) find the blog they in turn will tell their families and eventually their parents.

So the next couple of entries I will most likely be sensitive to what and how I write. Not necessarily censoring what I say but I think I may be more thoughtful then I tend to be otherwise. No big deal, I know as the days pass, I will wory l;ess and less about who is reading and write what I feel driven to write,. Maybe these folks will be motivated to start their own blogs. I would be very excited to see them writing and getting their lives down in writing. Everyone has a story and I believe everyone experiences, at least one story worth telling every day. The experience may not be 500 words, which is my goal, but anything is a start.

For example, my sister mentioned that my brother-in law, La Verne is also reading my blog. La Verne is one tough dude. He has been a truck driver for as long as I have known him. He has owned and driven big trucks and has had some major accidents. Irene always take pictures of everything she is such an excellent documentarian. Some of the images I have seen of truck accidents La Verne has survived has just blown me away. La Verne is like the battery rabbit he just keeps on going. He has always been there for Irene and his kids and grand kids. He is quiet and a bit hard to get to know. I wish I knew him better. This is one person who I hope does a blog or Myspace because I think either would be fascinating.



The circus is coming to town this week—Ringling brothers is coming to the Delta Center, the first show will be the day after tomorrow the 27th. So somewhere east of Utah the Circus trucks loaded with animals, clowns and artists are making their way here. This image is where they usually park their truck. Tomorrow there will be trucks and elephants here ready for the big show to begin. Hopefully, I will get a picture of the same street tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More of your family than you think reads this on a regular basis! I do think it's wonderful that you make the time to write about what is important to you...it's usually the only way I know what is going on with the group of family that seems to be structured so differently than any other I have known.

Meadowlark's Mind said...

Thanks little Sis--I appreciate your input and know you are loved!!

Anonymous said...

Will your other lil sis agrees with her lil sis about this blog thing. We seem to all enjoy reading it. Keep up the good work bro. Love ya!